Need motivation to get healthy to beat Breast Cancer

Options
Hi, I am brand new to this site. During treatment for stage II breast cancer I have gained 10lbs. I already carried an extra 15 going in. Also have a educed energy level., but have started a walking regimen to build back up. Very easy to lay back and let myself be sick, BUT not in my plans. I intend to beat the cancer and been leaner and a picture of health by summer! Looking for friends who might be going through illness who can share motivation and success stories. Steroids keep my hungry all the time. I need healthier food choices and motivation to chose those foods over comfort foods. Love to hear from you!

Replies

• Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    Good for you! I sent you a friend request...Let's do this!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would not try to lose at this time. I know all Cancer Centers have nutritionist you could speak to in order to make sure you are getting the nutrition you need. Keeping you in my prayers.:flowerforyou:
  • daisyklk16
    Options
    Hi! My mom has battled through breast cancer TWICE! She is such a fighter and I am SOOO incredibly proud of her. She also had to take steroids and gained about 10 lbs. She was eating EVERYTHING in site. She was constantly craving sweets. I tried to help her make better choices but I wasn't always successful. Her doctors didn't mind that she gained weight because they would rather have her gain weight than lose it. Not too sure if you should be trying to lose weight right now? The doctors advised my mom against it. She's finished her chemo and is going to start going to the gym this weekend. I am sorry, not trying to be negative, just want to make sure your doctors are okay with it and if so then let's go! Wishing you well.