From belly pooch to a flat tummy!

Options
Would love to hear from anyone who's had success in losing their belly "pooch!" :) what has helped you as far as workouts and any change in your diet as far as low carbs.. sugar.. etc?

Replies

• 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested in answers....I've had 2 C-sections in the past 3 years and would like to end up with a flat stomach again :)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    the only thing that has decreased mine is cardio and sticking to my calorie goal. I'm not one to hardcore diet (i don't keep track of carbs/sugars etc), so I doubt I'll totally lose mine. it's really hard to get off but if you stick with cardio it will help a lot :)
  • crruppert
    Options
    I recommend reading Truth About Six Pack Abs material, great info.
  • jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options
    bump
  • ebivens3
    Options
    I 3rd this motion. Ever since my son - I just can't get rid of the "pouch". I feel like a dang kangaroo - and I'm tired of hiding it in Granny Jeans that come up to my rib cage!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WalkingZero1
    WalkingZero1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mindy2185
    Options
    I would love to hear this, needing help getting rid of the belly pooch too.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think doing the BUMP must be the belly fat answer..
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for everyone its going to be different. You also cannot spot reduce fat. You can, however, help build the muscles underneath so that when the fat does come off you will have strong muscles underneath.

Best exercises I do for lower abs are planks, leg raises, reverse crunches.

As far as diet is concerned, I eat at a calorie deficit, and eat what I like in moderation. Eating sugar or carbs has not effected my ability to lose weight, and I am at my goal weight now.

Do what feels right to you, that you will stick with long term.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There is a thread in success stories with lots of pictures. You can do a quick search there and you should find it easily.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Belly fat loss comes with the proper diet.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/3-Killer-Core-Exercises.htm

I still have some belly fat but I can really tell a difference since I've been doing more core exercises. I have see the best results with what my trainer calls Core Drags; the link above refers to them as Alligator Drags. They are hard as hell when you first start doing them but they really produce results! I can actually see tone and definition in my abdominal section since I've been doing these during my workouts.

I've never worn a bikini in my life butI know that if I keep doing these core exercises I'll be rockin' one at the pool this summer for sure!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Belly fat loss comes with the proper diet.

I'm trying to learn how to do the BUMP..now I have to eat better as well life is so tuff...
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    omg! WTH is BUMP???
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    Does anyone know the thread that has the success pics?