Question about water intake

Options
Can unsweetened ice tea count for part of your daily 8 cups of water? I can not tolerate drinking that much straight water. :(

Replies

• jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I count anything with a water base as water in my fluid count. That means tea (sweetened and unsweetened), coffee and water all go in there. Really, most foods consumed have water in them so you don't actually need to drink 8 actual glasses of water a day, just find what a comfortable amount is for you!
  • MissMoxy08
    Options
    Thank God! I thought I might drown! lol
  • deemarie12
    Options
    I used to be the same way, and at first I just forced myself to drink it. Now I find myself craving water and I strive to drink more than 8 glasses. I find the more I drink, the easier the weight comes off.

And no I dont think Ice tea is the same as water, once you change the molecular structure of water, its no longer water its ice tea and usually has caffine. Not saying its bad for you, its just not water.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way, and at first I just forced myself to drink it. Now I find myself craving water and I strive to drink more than 8 glasses. I find the more I drink, the easier the weight comes off.

And no I dont think Ice tea is the same as water, once you change the molecular structure of water, its no longer water its ice tea and usually has caffine. Not saying its bad for you, its just not water.

Buuuuttttt....you're not changing the molecular structure of water....

Water is water, regardless of whether it has bits of tea floating around in it. Yes there is caffiene to take into consideration as it can act as a mild diuretic but it really won't make you lose that much extra water. If you're really worried about caffiene, there are caffiene free teas as well as herbal teas, but honestly, I don't find it makes much of a difference.
  • simplytigerlily
    Options
    Have you tried Mio? It flavors the water with no calories. It has really helped me drink enough water some days. Living in a desert climate, 8 glasses is not enough for me. :(
  • obviouslysubtle
    obviouslysubtle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    While it's true that tea is almost entirely water, you have to take into account that some (like Green tea) are mild diuretics. If you're drinking a lot of tea or coffee, you might want to keep an eye on your water intake. Otherwise, you're probably all right just drinking what you feel comfortable with.

Coffee, surprisingly, doesn't have a diuretic effect if you're having less than 5 cups a day.

Wikipedia has very informative articles on coffee and tea.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_coffee
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_tea