Going grocery shopping tomorrow...help!

Options
I'm ready to go shopping tomorrow and stock the house with healthy options... The Whole foods part I have down--fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grain rice and pasta, nuts, etc. But I was wondering... what are some processed things out there that some of you buy that fits in with your diets? I don't want to eat a lot of processed stuff, but realistically, there will be those days and those moments, when I'll need to rely on them. What's in your shopping cart?

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, Bumble Bee Fat Free Tuna snack pack, natural peanut butter and jelly, Bread, eggs but I remove the yolks to save some calories, skinny cow ice cream, reduced fat american cheese to melt on my broccoli and cauliflower, stuffed breaded chicken.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Kashi GoLean cereal
    Kashi anything, really
    diet dr pepper--ha!
  • shsml
    shsml Posts: 14
    Options
    why not get some tinned tomatoes and some dried herbs with some garlic n onion. You have a very quick pasta sauce while the pasta is cooking. throw some frozen veg in with the pasta to bulk it up a bit n tiny bit of grated cheese on top!
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Cereal and Fiber One Bars, Western Bagel's Alternative Blueberry Bagels with Weight Watchers cream cheese, Yoplait Honey Vanilla Yogurt, Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches, Light String Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Special K crackers. I try to eat whole foods, but for convenience, these have all been helpful for me at times. :)
  • shanbrown1976
    shanbrown1976 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To Carrieogg... those are all favorites of mine. I have yet to brave the plain greek yogurt. But key lime and strawberry are delicious.:happy: Thanks!
  • shanbrown1976
    shanbrown1976 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    In regards to processed snacks, I have a hugeee sweet tooth. Ridiculously huge sweet tooth. Anything Skinny Cow (especially their candy bars) are low in calories and a great way to satisfy a craving!