Looking for a whey protein powder with fiber

Options
Title says it all, I need to find a great tasting powder and I prefer that it has at least 2g of fiber per serving (and don't mention shakeology, BBV or any other MLM products, thanks). The best I've found is BSN Syntha-6 but being 2 months pregnant all of the different protein isolates in the ingredients list makes me worry a bit.

TIA!

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have Body Advance Chocolate Peanut Butter but that only has 1 gram of fiber per serving. How about adding Chia Seeds to your protein drink? That would add a ton of fiber, no flavor, and excellent source of Omega 3. Just a thought!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have Body Advance Chocolate Peanut Butter but that only has 1 gram of fiber per serving. How about adding Chia Seeds to your protein drink? That would add a ton of fiber, no flavor, and excellent source of Omega 3. Just a thought!
    I currently get a vanilla base and then mix frozen berries and flax seed oil when I need a fat boost. I'm just trying to find a product that has fiber in it to start.
    I love Designer Whey but it doesn't have and fiber and a lot of times I'm hungry not to long after having a shake (probably pregnancy related too).
  • emconn
    emconn Posts: 1
    Options
    out of curiosity, why not BBV, shakeology or the other one you mentioned?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i know its not what youre looking for, but i just use a vanilla powder, and add in some metamucil or benefiber ...
  • Horseyrider
    Options
    I worry too about the soy protein products for pregnant women, and for babies taking formula. There are many scientists who link the consumption of genetically modified soybeans with deadly peanut allergies.

I live out in the country. Ninety-six percent of the soybeans produced in the United States today are genetically modified. The rise in GMO foods has increased exponentially over the last eleven or twelve years. So has the rise of severe peanut allergies in children.

The only way to avoid GMO beans is to buy organic.

I don't personally use any soy powders. I don't eat commercially processed food. I've seen enough of commercial food production, and it disgusts me.
  • Arwen1922
    Arwen1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Soy protein is linked to an increase in estrogen or it has estrogen properties. I would stay away from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChallengeChick
    Options
    Not ALL soy has the estrogent properties you mention or are concerned with. The Soy can be NON GMO and have the Isoflavones removed so it does not affect estrogen ... it is possible and has been done!