how many calories do you consume daily?

Options
Just want to see how many calories everyone consumes daily at which weight, per how much weight loss a week and if it is consistent?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    CW: 231 lbs
    GW: 200 lbs
    Activity level: lightly active
    Daily Calories: 2090
    Expected loss per week: 1.5 lbs.
  • azzledazzle
    Options
    2290 calories to lose 2lb a week,

3500 calories to stay at the same weight.

At the moment im consuming less than 2290 calories per day, And im exercising daily too ! so im hoping il be losing more than 2lb a week.
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories a day, with 30 mins exercise (Curves) x 3 per week. On exercise days up the calories to 1500. I'm pretty consistently losing 1/2 to 1lb per week. I figure this loss is enough to be sustainable over the long term and allowing me time to retrain my eating habits. I originally wanted to loose 2 stone but may revise that to 1 1/2 stone to be a healthy weight.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    It depends on my exercise. I am supposed to be eating 1200, but most days I burn around 300-400 calories, so I eat around 1500-1600.

My weight loss seems to go with my cycle. So I won't loose for 2-3 weeks and then I will lose 3 or 4lbs in one week. I started June 1st of this year, so 36lbs in extactly 4 months.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    CW: 68.6 kg (150.9 pounds)
    GW: 58 kg (127.6 pounds)
    Activity level: active
    Daily Calories: 1540-1900 (460 exercise cals)
    Expected loss per week: 0.5 kg (1 pound) i have been losing an average of 0.69 kg (1.5 pounds) a week
  • nicnic68
    Options
    Hello, I lost 8 lbs so far and want to lose another 10. I started at 146 lbs (I'm only 5'2") and I want to be around 128lbs...it's not really thin but it's my ideal weight. My fitness pal says that I should eat 1400 cal a day...and I usually eat between 1200 to 1600 cals (unless I have a special event and then I'll eat what I want but the next day I'll eat less and do more exercise). My weight loss per week is not always consistant but some week I'll lose 2 lbs, so 1lbs, some week I don't lose any...but my goal equal 1lbs a week.
    (I started my diet Aug 24th, My fitness pal is really helping me!!)

Hope this helps.
    ;)
    NIC
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1500, so I try to stick around there on rest days, and up to 2000 on exercise days. I don't log on weekends.

Currently around 127 pounds, looking to lose one more vanity pound just to say I'm 9 stone (I'm weird, I know), and lose about a half pound a week.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Expected loss per week: 0.5 kg (1 pound) i have been losing an average of 0.69 kg (1.5 pounds) a week

thank you. you proved to me that there are some ppl on this site that scroll down past the first post.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I was (weigh in tomorrow) 154lb
    I am quiet active.
    My cals are 1,200 a day, but when I train I half what I get from training and eat those too! xx

I have been told doing it this way will let me loose 1.5lb a week!! We will see xx
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1450 and 1750 calories a day. I do not lose weight because I do strenght training but I am losing inches
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    1390 per day. I usually consume about 1100 and MFP tells me I need to eat more.

SW: 159
    CW: 147
    GW: 125
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options

thank you. you proved to me that there are some ppl on this site that scroll down past the first post.

i always read the posts from top to bottom:-)
  • crystelblue
    crystelblue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I have only just joined here i am 164lbs i have thyroid problems but have lost weight before.
    Just wanted too do it sensibly this time
    MFP told me i need too eat 1380kcals too lose 1.5/ 2lbs per week.
    I was burning about 400/500kcals in exercise so i ate abit more around 1500kcals but gained weight the first two weeks....!! was
    very confused as alot of it was Xmas weight and that normal comes off quickly when i eat sensibly:grumble:
    So need too re think things i was very precise with what i ate weighing portions etc so know i was true too it.
    Will cut down and perhaps not take the extra kcals i earn through exercise see how it goes...!!
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    Starting weight: 260 lbs (female - height 5'6")
    Current weight: 257 lbs
    Goal Weight: 150 lbs
    Activity level: sedentary
    Weight loss daily calories: 1860
    Maintenance daily calories (at 260 lbs): 2360
    Loss per week: 1 lb.
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    Male 5' 10"
    Starting weight 281
    Current weight 261
    Activity - sedentary, but I am starting to work in more walking, up to mile and half right now.
    Eating about 2k a day.

For the most part I eat about 1800 calories on the weekdyas. On the weekend it is 2200 due to the beer. Yes I know that is bad. Some habits are hard to break.

Been on my diet for 10 weeks at 20 pound lost - 2 pounds/week
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 159 lbs (female - height 5'6")
    Current weight: 149.5 lbs
    Goal Weight: 130 lbs
    Activity level: sedentary (I work a desk job)
    Weight loss daily calories: 1300 (more with exercise)
    Maintenance daily calories (at 150 lbs): 1777ish
    Loss per week: 1 lb.

I'm not that strict about sticking to my cals though...As long as I'm under my TDEE or around my BMR, I'm okay. I might not lose a full pound per week, but at least I can maintain it and it feels natural. But I also don't freak if I'm a bit under.
  • astuart7
    astuart7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also new and am having a hard time with this one...

CW:192lbs.
    GW:170lbs.
    Height: 5'6"
    Female, ..and almost 40.
    Sedentary-Desk Job
    ..but I run 25-28 km per week and do some cross training too (mostly cardio)
    MFP says I should be at 1200cal per day (without exercise I guess) but it still just seems too low. Does that sound right? A friend suggests I should be at 1600 consistently.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I just bumped mine up from 1,600 to 1,800 but have been eating I think close to 1,800 the past few days anyways (not net but total). I am at my weight though I am maintaining and looking to get more cut and build my gluteus :)