College Student needing support

Options
I have been using myfitnesspal on and off for years, but now that I have been derailed by college I know I need to make a change. I was 120-125 in high school and got up to 130 my first year of college and I felt healthy there, even though I was striving to become more toned and fit. I got up to 155 and am down to 145. I moved out in September after doing community college for 2 years and now that I am away from home I don't have much of a support system. My boyfriend supports me, but he is fit and healthy and can eat whatever he wants, so it doesn't motivate me when he is eating junk and I am sitting next to him eating my healthy foods. I just need an actual support system that can help keep me motivated, get to know me and possibly make some friends.

Replies

• uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I would gladly support you! We can mutually encourage each other!! I have sent a friend request :D
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm also a college student. We can support each other. Feel free to add me :-)
  • katrinavsnature
    katrinavsnature Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! Since highschool where I weighed about 125, I had gained up to 157 last March. Now I'm back down to 135 :) Honestly this thing reeeeally helps keep track of calories and exercise. You just gotta remember that when you're feeling lazy or tired you will never regret going to the gym or getting some exercise. That feeling of accomplishment and endorphins is the real cherry on top.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I think you may have just become my twin. I was 120-125 since I hit puberty, up until my senior year of high school. I was probably about 130 when I graduated, and then was 140-145 my freshman year of college. I'm back down to 128-129. Feel free to add me! :)
  • FierceFitBeautiful
    Options
    Hi! I'm a college student as well and I know how hard it can be, with friends and caf food and hectic schedules. I'm working on and sharing my ways on how I deal w/ college & being healthy through my blog, and would love to help you out if I can!
  • KatelynnMDuggan
    KatelynnMDuggan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I always do well for a couple of weeks and then start to fade out. I am determined to keep with it especially since I have a half-marathon in April I need to train for. I was a runner in high school and started running less and less in College and every time I decide to run I remember how much I love it.
  • yostacey
    Options
    hi everyone! looks like im on the same mission as all of you :)
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend supports me, but he is fit and healthy and can eat whatever he wants, so it doesn't motivate me when he is eating junk and I am sitting next to him eating my healthy foods.

This is the story of my life. My roommate also has a ridiculous metabolism.. so much so her doc tells her to gain weight -.- I am going to get the challenge when spring semester starts next week to keep up with the program so we can support each other!

Anyone can add me =)
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm also a college student working to get fit!!! Last semester i ate bad, junk food, and bad handling stress during exams and works to do made me loos control and i forgot to mantain my healthy eatig and exercing habits. I'm very motivated i know that this semester we'll do better!!! Its all on being organized, training not only physically but also recongnizing our inner will to make changes for our life! :) Feel free to add me!!