whoops, what have I done wrong?

Options
Hi everyone, I really need to lose quite a lot of weight but due to illness I am very limited to exercise,so on recommendation Im trying this. Thisng is I have typed in my details weight etc and been given my plan, however even though today I am 20 calories short of my intake the predicted weight in 5 weeks will be 1 stone 6lb heavier than I am now, any idea what Ive done wrong????

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not very sure, so I don't want to make any assumptions!
    My only guess (which is that, only a guess), is in regards to the lack of exercise. But the other thing too is that it's only an estimate, and isn't set in stone. So it may not be as drastic as that.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    what did you put down as your goal? Lose 1 or 2 pounds should be the one you picked (make sure you didn't select gain weight).
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It might help if you shared your diary. Do you want to friend me and I'll take a look?
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you wanting to lose 1 pound/week not gain. It might be just a quick fix. Go back and look at your settings to be sure that you are trying to lose. Just an idea
  • Shirls2012
    Shirls2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's very odd Jaynemaria. I am not logging any exercise and stay just under calorie allowance but the prediction is stilla lower weight than I am now. Maybe you should log in pounds instead of stones?
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    It could possibly be an MFP error. A few days ago I ate maintenance calories and MFP said that I was eating too little and should make sure to have at least 1200 calories a day (even though I logged over 1500). So there might be a bug.
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    I have been back as suggested and it was a simple mistake, id just put down what I weigh in stone and pounds rather than just pounds, phew it is showing a predicted loss now.

Really determined to lose the weight so I may be posting a lot. :):blushing: