Need HELP ASAP

Options
I have an hour until i leave for an afternoon visiting my new niece that is 2 days old.... this is going to lead into dinner for my moms birthday.... PIZZA!

I just started eating good, my second day doing real good.... and i know i can eat a slice or two but i afraid it will ruin my will power... What do i do!? AND im in charge of the cake, so i have to buy that and i cant eat it and i dont want to... please help a sista out..... what do i do!?!?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    First of all, take a deep breath and let it out slowly....no need to panic.

You're right, it's ok to have a couple slice of pizza. One night will not kill your attempts to get healthy. I eat pizza on a fairly regular basis and have still been able to lose nearly 80 pounds.
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is an option at your particular restaurant/carryout - but maybe see if there can be a garden salad (just for you or to share with everyone) served with the pizza. I find that pizza restaurants are much more enjoyable and easier to deal with when I have a nice salad and a slice or two. Helps fill me up and not feel deprived. If that isn't an option, eat a GIANT apple before you go so you are not super hungry when you get there. Oh - and drink lots and lots of water. Best of luck to you!
  • Tianzi
    Tianzi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    FOR A QUICK SAVE...BLOT THE TOP WITH A NAPKIN AND PICK AT IT SLOWLY...EAT A FILLING SNACK SO YOU WON'T BE TEMPTED TO EAT MORE...STAY STRONG, WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE :)
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would say order a salad for your self and then you can have a slice or so. As for the cake take a small slice and then move away from the table. All the best you can do it!!!!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hi. Have a one or two slices of pizza with a massive salad and drink loads of water. that will fill you. when it comes to the cake, you can't not have a piece, but insist that it's a small bit - reminding yourself that you shouldn't be having any at all - so that little bit is a real treat.

Have fun. x
  • shanbrown1976
    shanbrown1976 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Before you leave the house try to figure out what 2 slices of pizza and a piece of cake will be, check on your calories left for the day and factor them in. Just know that you let yourself indulge but that there was a set limit. You will be fine. Don't deprive--just make sure you count and are realistic about the calories you are taking in. Be honest with yourself and you will do fine
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can have pizza, try ordering a thin crust, veggie pizza for yourself. I like the idea someone else had of just getting a salad bar. You can even have the cake, just a very, very thin slice, maybe a bite or two.

I have no doubt you will do just fine! :)

Good luck Hun!
  • Spcoble
    Options
    make sure you have plenty of protein,,,in your day,,have a slice and some salad,,drink lots of water,,and as for cake, a little taste,,tell yourself, you can have only a little, and stick to it, learn to eat less of things that arent so good, it will all work itself out with a few more steps..keep moving,,have a great time!!we don't have to totally deprive ourselves, cause normal life just aint like that..have a great time..
  • jbescherer
    jbescherer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Since you are incharge of the cake buy/make a flavor you really dont care for, it will be easier to stick to a small bite or non at all.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Pizza is around 300 cals a slice.

Will power, use it.
  • bck80
    bck80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    drink plenty of water before u get there. and why not have a slice or two of pizza BUT STAY AWAY from the cake, or if u must , have a tiny tiny piece But get back on track tomorrw and eat super healthy, and to make it even better add an extra workout to your daily exrcise to burn those extra calories. no need to panic it's part of the journey. good luck!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    90% of the battle is learning when to say "No".

Your life is going to be full of activities like this. No way to avoind them, just learn to manage them.
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree, eat before you go or order a salad, and have a piece or maybe two, eat VERY slowly, chew 1000 times, and drink water! Stay away from the cake, remind yourself that 6 months from now you will be able to have a bigger piece of cake after you run your 5K...getting healthy can't be a short term decision, this is a lifestyle change and life happens. BELIEVE in yourself that you can stay strong, but if for some reason you can't resist, dont beat yourself up, get right back on the horse and keep going! You got this!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Only eat the parts of the pizza you really enjoy... think about it. Are you a crust lover? Or is it the cheese you like... eat the parts that are going to make you and your brain and your stomach the MOST happy and stay away from the rest. DON'T DIP THE CRUST IN RANCH!