Used to be over 230lb, looking for support to help maintain

Options
Very new to posting on here, I just joined a few days ago and noticed that I can add friends and see how others are doing.
I'm 25 and worked really hard to get down to 145 a couple years ago, but have gained back over the last couple years and now I'm resting around 155-160.
I'm tall so it doesn't look like I'm carrying this much weight, but I really want to get back to 145lb because I felt my healthiest around there.
Looking forward to having friends on here to talk to - to help keep me motivated.

Most current gripe: Feeling so bloated since I'm drinking way more water then I was before :S

Replies

• blackcherry32
    Options
    WELL CONGRATS I STILL HAVE AWAYS TO GO,,,,,, 155 IS GOOD I WANT TO GET TO 170 USE TO BE 165 IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT HEY I WILL TRY ANY WAY!!!!
  • cjsnurse
    cjsnurse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was 252, got to 128...last year went up to 139....now back at 128...you know what to do, keep your diary, get in that excersize and stick to it. The way I think, easier to get control of 10-15 pounds then 100+
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I used to be 224 a couple years ago. I got down to 150 and then last year I trained for two half marathons and gained about 5 lbs during each training. Then I could not run for a few weeks until I saw a cardiologist - of course it had to be over the holidays and gained a few more. I'm right there with you with wanting to get back down to the weight I had been and stay far away from the 200's again. I just accepted your friend request so hopefully we can encourage each other along the way.
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'd be glad to be a support. I started out around 209ish and lost 84 lbs in the course of a year. I feel great, but I like having that extra support to help maintain.