From belly pooch to a flat tummy!

Options

Replies

• aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile.

Or to have it on record as something you've commented on, so you can find it later when searching and wanting to see responses.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i am not 100% there but i have seen a great reduction in my stomach since i started insanity and counting calories at the beginning of the summer. i honestly believe a good full body workout is best. i switched to just the cardio machines in my schools gym for a while and worked my little heart out and i saw an improvement to my legs but nothing to the rest of my body. this of course is just my personal experience. i went back to insanity and am completing my first week tonight
  • Garcia4u
    Options
    I know from being around the gym and many trainers that it is first Diet. You have to eat right. Excercise next. If you do not eat better, the fat will cover the muscle you may have and you won't see it until you shed that fat. Eat Better!!!:smile:
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    omg! WTH is BUMP???
    It is a way to type something so that it goes in "my topics" That way you can come back and see the answer later. I had to ask that once too.
  • melissaamartinez
    melissaamartinez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've gone old school and started doing Sheena Easton's 7 Minute Abs. It's on VHS :laugh: but totally works!!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested in answers....I've had 2 C-sections in the past 3 years and would like to end up with a flat stomach again :)

I had a baby almost 2 years ago naturally and would love to see my baby belly gone so this is definitely an answer I would like to have too!!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    extremely intense 2 a days with weights and cardio mix with a low calorie intake
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for everyone its going to be different. You also cannot spot reduce fat. You can, however, help build the muscles underneath so that when the fat does come off you will have strong muscles underneath.

Best exercises I do for lower abs are planks, leg raises, reverse crunches.

As far as diet is concerned, I eat at a calorie deficit, and eat what I like in moderation. Eating sugar or carbs has not effected my ability to lose weight, and I am at my goal weight now.

Do what feels right to you, that you will stick with long term.

What does calorie deficit mean? Excuse my ignorance lol
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    I learned a trick from my former trainer - when working out and doing ab exercises or any cardio type workouts that involve your core, wear a pair of Spanx 1 size smaller than you are. I wear them under my workout pants, it forces me to engage my abs and really work at keeping my core tight. I have a LARGE pooch (but I still have 100lbs to lose) and I can already feel the difference in my ab area.
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options

Or to have it on record as something you've commented on, so you can find it later when searching and wanting to see responses.

Ahh!! Thanks ya'll!! :) I thought it was some tummy exercise I never heard of... lol
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1) Patience
    2) cardio
    3) water
    4) the plank

Not necessarily in that order but a combination of those things has helped me.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I've lost my belly fat by reducing my caloric intake and being consistent. I don't have a six pack but I don't have the pooch anymore. I didn't need to do anything crazy like 1000 crunches a day or eat low carb or low sugar or anything like that.
  • fitobsessed
    Options
    I do cardio (work out about 5 days a week) mixed in with weight lifting and ab workouts. I use two apps to give me the workouts I need to do: Fleety and Fitness Buddy. My "pooch" (lol) has gone down significantly!
  • mvizzini70
    Options
    What is the bump?
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Honestly, for everyone its going to be different. You also cannot spot reduce fat. You can, however, help build the muscles underneath so that when the fat does come off you will have strong muscles underneath.

Best exercises I do for lower abs are planks, leg raises, reverse crunches.

As far as diet is concerned, I eat at a calorie deficit, and eat what I like in moderation. Eating sugar or carbs has not effected my ability to lose weight, and I am at my goal weight now.

Do what feels right to you, that you will stick with long term.

What does calorie deficit mean? Excuse my ignorance lol

Eating at a calorie deficit means eating less calories than you consume. :)
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It depends. It's true you can't spot reduce. If you have extra skin from a pregnancy or weight loss, surgery is the only thing that will give you a flat tummy. If it's just excess fat, lots of cardio. Some people just can't get a completely flat tummy due to genetics. In my early 20's, I was pin thin. But no matter how much weight I'd lose, I'd always have a "pooch".
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    For the women that have had babies THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! Before you do ANY core exercises you have to determine if you have diastasis recti - that's when your ab muscles are too far apart - doing regular core exercises can make it worse! Look it up on the internet and there are instructions on how to do a self check.

I recommend doing physical therapy exercises for your abs to start BEFORE you get into the intermediate/advanced exercises. Again, all these exercises can be found on the internet, but if you have diastasis recti, you need to see a physical therapist who specializes in cases like yours. Better safe than sorry!!