Is anyone else scared to get on the scale?

Options
I have been doing this for a few days now. My first thought was that I would weigh-in everyday.... But I am nervous to! Anyone else on the same page?

Replies

• tlowden1
    Options
    I wouldn't weigh in every day. Your body can fluctuate 5 pounds either way at any given day. I would weigh once a week, the same day every week, in the morning before breakfast. That will be the most accurate account of your weight.

I'm obsessed with the scale too, but I found that when I weigh myself every day I get more depressed if the scale shows a gain or no loss.
  • Persevere230
    Persevere230 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Right now I hate the scale and Im refusing to step on one. The end. Right now Im going by how my clothes fit as a marker. Scales suck but they are a neccesary evil.
  • Achristine96
    Options
    Oh okay! Thank you! Yeah I am getting anxious... (:
  • Achristine96
    Options
    well that's a good way to go by! I am doing the same in a way!
  • danielleov
    Options
    I know it's wrong to weigh yourself everyday but I do it ;( and I am getting upset because I'm gaining?! But I won't get distraught until I do my weekly morning am weigh in!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Do the right foods, excercise, be diligent about everything and it will take care of itself. The scale will not and should not be the primary factor if you do the things to be healthy. You may gain muscle during the process. Don't get discouraged, don't give up and never stop trying. It will come.

Also, I always weigh myself in the mornings before I eat or drink anything. Weight fluctuates during the day too much.
  • Achristine96
    Options
    I know it's wrong to weigh yourself everyday but I do it ;( and I am getting upset because I'm gaining?! But I won't get distraught until I do my weekly morning am weigh in!

I know exactly what you mean! I have a good day ..so I get excited and weigh myself. And then get all upset because I gained. But you go up and down... like water weight and all that. So I am just trying to have some self control(:
  • Achristine96
    Options
    Do the right foods, excercise, be diligent about everything and it will take care of itself. The scale will not and should not be the primary factor if you do the things to be healthy. You may gain muscle during the process. Don't get discouraged, don't give up and never stop trying. It will come.

Also, I always weigh myself in the mornings before I eat or drink anything. Weight fluctuates during the day too much.

Thank you! I am definitely going to use some of these tips! How often do you weigh in?