Some one tell me I need to go to the gym

Options
It's almost 4 and time for my work day to end. I packed my bag to go to the gym but I can hear my couch calling for me at home. Its amazing how good I can talk myself out of going and exercising.

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says 0 pounds lost. You are not going to reach your goal on the couch:-)
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Go!! You'll feel much better after you do -- AND you'll get some extra calories to enjoy on the couch!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    ... and your couch will still be waiting for you when you get back from the gym AND you will feel better after. Worst case you get there and work out for 15 min and leave- best case you get super motivated and rock it. Listen to up beat music in the car to get yourself ready....
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    going to the gym is a habit, like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. once you start, you'll get into the habit and will feel "off" if you don't go work-out. it takes a while for habits to form, but when i started at the gym in august, i would say by week 3, NOTHING could keep me from the gym...especially not my couch!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    kick into gear missy!!! You'll feel better when you're there.
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    Don't think about it. Just get in the car and start driving there. Then just go in. Then just change your clothes. Just don't think about it.. just do the first bit and then you're already there.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    just go. don't even think about it anymore.

You will be so happy with yourself when it is over and you can still hang on the couch for a bit - and it will be even more enjoyable because you know you were not lazy and did something good for yourself today.
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! I'm heading to the gym.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Go, go, go...you won't regret going and then you can rest on the couch!
  • Lunatary
    Options
    Just go and do it. Get it done. You'll feel amazing after. Do it. Just go. Do it. That's what I tell myself and it helps. :)
  • ottenicole
    ottenicole Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You're already packed and you know you'll feel so much better LATER when you're laying on the couch knowing that you went, rather than laying on your couch wishing you would've gone:) Now get going!:)
  • Hotmess2012
    Options
    Trust me I know the feeling, I didn't get motivated to get off my couch until 11:30 today, but just got back from a 2.5 mile walk and 268 calories burned. I feel like I accomplished wayyyyyy more than I would have clinging to the couch watching Rachel Ray cook yummy fatening foods! Stay motivated, you can do it. Just think of your tush expanding every second you sit on that couch and I bet you will get up! Have fun :0)
  • sunshine2015
    Options
    you need to go to the gym!! :)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    This is why you need some heavy metal in your life to motivate you.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym on my lunch break and everyone there was asking for you!!!!
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    suck it up and go put in work
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    This is why you need some heavy metal in your life to motivate you.

This man understands.
  • yulinerinwang
    yulinerinwang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym! You'll have fun!
    The most difficult part of a workout is the way from home to the gym...
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    There is no choice.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    GO! GO! GO! Some of your best workouts are when you've forced yourself to go!