Recent surgical menopause....hoping someone else is in the s

Options
New to this site and 36 years old. I just recently had a full hysterectomy and know now that I have surgerical menopause It can be harder to lose weight. I am hoping that I can get some info from others who might me going through the same thing. And that might have some insight as to what I am looking at in the future.
Thanks
Jennica

14612499.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• eezumba
    eezumba Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and had a hysterectomy when I was 25. I have been trying, unsucessfully, for 2 years now to lose the weight I gained during menopause. Maybe we can help each other?? I have no advice, in fact, I need advice!

I teach Zumba 2 to 4 days a week and have been doing that for 2 years. No weight loss. I had SmartLipo to get rid of the pregnant looking belly. No weight loss. I'm still looking for the right plan for my situation....

I hope to lose 30 lbs........
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    Here's another recent thread about it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/431148-major-weight-gain-post-hysterectomy-anyone-been-there

It's in the Groups section, so you'd have to join the group to post, but you can join, or just read the thread.
  • kiarajade1
    kiarajade1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Had hysterectomy approx 12 years ago and put on a lot of weight, have since developed underactive thyroid and given up smoking and put on more weight. Have about 6 stone to lose.

The barcode scanner for the phone app makes this the easiest planner I have used, it would be good if it was available for a PC via the webcam.

Have spoken to a gastroenterologist who did say it would be very difficult to lose weight with the medical background and advised a gastric band if the NHS would fund it (bit too radical at the minute). It would be useful if the daily calorie count could be adjusted manually and if anyone has found out how to do it please let me know

Good luck to all