Bump
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I've lost a significant amount of body fat (31% to 20%)and I still have a small pooch. (maybe 5-10 more pounds?) strength training is what's worked for me. Ps try the 30day shred?
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I think doing the BUMP must be the belly fat answer..

From the responses,I think the BUMP is what got us all in this shape
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    omg! WTH is BUMP???
    It is a way to type something so that it goes in "my topics" That way you can come back and see the answer later. I had to ask that once too.

That's not actually what it is :P

When you "bump" a thread you bump it up on the most recent posts. That way if you start a thread it stays on the front page/active threads.
    The definition of BUMP is "Bring Up My Post"

• debbiemccaffrey
    Options
    what is insanity?
  • melissalaning77
    Options
    I must be old but what is this BUMP? Am i totally out of the internet loop?
  • TrudyJo195
    Options
    It is very difficult to have a flat tummy once they've cut into the muscle. You can get flatter, but it's just difficult to get rid of the whole thing. But if you ever do I want to know about it. lol I have the same problem.
  • melissalaning77
    Options
    Got it! Bring Up My Post!!!!! Yay
  • melissalaning77
    Options
    Ok so really, aside from bump - I've never had the "pooch" till this past year of taking meds so I've been heavy on crunches, planks, squats, and pilates. This is working. If I eat pasta though it comes back for that day :) Pasta/refined flour/ carbs are MY enemy!
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    thats what i wanna know too! its rather frickin annoying! lol
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    What is the bump?

It's a new dance I'm learning it now...

MOSH PIT!!!!
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/3-Killer-Core-Exercises.htm

I still have some belly fat but I can really tell a difference since I've been doing more core exercises. I have see the best results with what my trainer calls Core Drags; the link above refers to them as Alligator Drags. They are hard as hell when you first start doing them but they really produce results! I can actually see tone and definition in my abdominal section since I've been doing these during my workouts.

Alligator Drag

Why it works: This ab toner uses your entire core to keep your body stabilized and burns additional calories by adding movement (dragging yourself along the floor). It mixes cardio, stability, and strength training to get you fast results.

How to do it:

Find a stretch of floor that allows you to go forward 10 to 20 yards, and grab anything that will slide over the surface with minimal friction. Dinner plates or plastic bags might work on a carpeted floor, while towels might work on wood or tile. (if you’re outdoors, a wheeled device like a skateboard works well).
    Start in push-up position with your feet on the slides, towels, or plates. (NOTICE: Straight line from ankle to knee, to hip, to shoulders. No hip dippin’)
    Walk yourself forward with your hands to the end of your runway (aim for at least 10 yards). Rest and repeat the alligator walk backwards to where you started. That’s one set. Repeat 2-3 times.
    Tip: walking yourself backwards uses a different part of the muscle. If you’re short on space, you can also move forwards & back (6 paces forward, 6 back etc.) instead of doing the paces.

Fit It In A Quick Workout (15 minutes)

1 Minute Cardio (alternating jumping jacks, high knees & squat jumps)

1 Minute Lower Body (alternating reverse lunges, isometric squat & side to side lunges)

1 Minute Alligator Drag (back & forth, or doing the paces). At your own pace.

1 Minute Cardio (alternating jumping jacks, high knees & squat jumps)

Rest 1 Minute & repeat the circuit 3 times. (alternate your cardio/lower body option each time you go through the circuit).
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Diet + weights + cardio