I need to stay out of bed I sleep too much.

Options
I am unemployed and when I am home during the day , I sleep way too much. I find my bed as a comforting place and tend not to want to leave it. I would sleep or lay there all day if I could but I know this is bad habit for me so any tips on how to break it?

Replies

• Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    give the house a good cleaning inside and out side, if you have clutter go thru it an give stuff to goodwill.
  • vitahill
    vitahill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    try exercising in the morning to give yourself a boost. And as soon as you get out of bed make it and it will provide another barrier to climbing back in under the covers.
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. It is an awful cycle to be stuck in. I spend almost the entire day and night isolated in my bedroom, my cocoon. I bought Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and that is helping me have a little motivation to workout and working out increases endorphins, your bodies feel good chemical. This helps get me out of bed for at least an hour at a time. 27 minutes for a workout then shower. I try to do little things too, vacuum, laundry or dinner, that at least take 10-15 minutes. Any time spent out of bed will help. Maybe sit outside in the sunshine for 15-20 minutes? Because sunshine helps make you feel better too. I live in CA so even in January the sun is shining bright. Not sure where you live but if there is any sun go soak some up.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yeah set an alarm, get up and exercise and shower.

Think of a project...maybe a book to read or dish to cook? Something creative or productive but fun..
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yeah set an alarm, get up and exercise and shower.

Think of a project...maybe a book to read or dish to cook? Something creative or productive but fun..

This. Keep a workday schedule. Set an alarm and get ready for the day. Consider finding something to do that makes you leave the house for a few hours. (Go to the library or volunteer or something.) Then do something productive; search for jobs online, write a cover letter for a job you're interested in, etc. Keep a calendar; have 1-hour blocks of time set aside for cleaning the house or doing laundry or working on a project.

Then, when it's time to be off work, do something fun/relaxing.

And if you've got typing and computer skills, consider temp work; it pays a reasonable amount and will make you feel better. Might even lead to a job.
  • Amie3378
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice everyone. I could use some encouragement like that. :O) peace and blessing to all of you.
  • ljcatch22
    ljcatch22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What about finding a free activity that starts in the morning? Some of the local libraries and community centers around here have free workout sessions and other classes. I'm awful about staying in bed, but if I can make myself get up and do something I'm okay.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - I am also unemployed, but thinking of looking for a part time job because I am so sick of laying around. I have a lot to do here at the homestead, but I just have no motivation to do it. If it were up to me, I would get up only for meals and my daily workout. Maybe we're depressed.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Volunteer for something you enjoy. :smile: