Fruit and Sugar

Options
cmh_34
cmh_34 Posts: 20 Member
I seem to go over on my sugar daily, but it's because I eat fruit! Not loads of fruit, but a few pieces.'

Is it okay to go over on the sugar intake as long as it's because of fruit and not candy?

Thanks

Replies

• Carlamere84
    Options
    You don't have to count the sugar when eating natural sugar like fruits. Only count when it comes from an unatural source, for instance frosted flakes, or sugar in coffee and etc.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    MFP sets and arbitrary sugar limit, it means nothing
  • greenblood55252
    Options
    I love apples and oranges...but have been trying hard to just eat them on the rare occasion as they were also screwing up my sugar count.....17 grams in 1 Granny Smith apple......could an Admin from the site clarify whether natural sugars from fruit qualify as part of your daily consumption?....Thanks
  • cmh_34
    cmh_34 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You don't have to count the sugar when eating natural sugar like fruits. Only count when it comes from an unatural source, for instance frosted flakes, or sugar in coffee and etc.

Thank you - That's what I assumed. Just wanted clarification.
    Still, it's probably not good to eat 10 oranges, 5 bananas, 6 grapefruits etc. a day.
  • rachaelhp85
    Options
    I run into the same prob when I make myself a fruit smoothie using only frozen fruit and soy milk NO sugar added. At the end of the day it says I am waaaay over!!! booooo
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Thank you - That's what I assumed. Just wanted clarification.
    Still, it's probably not good to eat 10 oranges, 5 bananas, 6 grapefruits etc. a day.

Correct. Fruit is good despite the sugar. But you can get too much of even a good thing.
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    this sugar is really good for muscles especially after you exercise. its good sugar.