fallen off the wagon today and yesterday...help?

Options
hi everyone. I joined last week, and after a successful weigh-in yesterday I suddenly lost all resolve and pigged out yesterday. so today I thought I'd make up for it, so didn't eat much till the evening and have just had a food frenzy! any thoughts/advice? thanks, Jen

Replies

• _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it.. Everyone starts out rough. & Every day won't be perfect. Pick yourself up & try again tomorrow! Just don't give up completely.. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Nsdnjbl
    Nsdnjbl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Today's a new day! Just do what you can to eat the right choices. I fall off weekly!
  • EbonyK
    EbonyK Posts: 92
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. There is still time in the day to do better. Good luck and keep up the good work from here on out!
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of protein can really help to get cravings back under control, at least 20 g of protein. I like to have a high-protein breakfast, and then I rarely get cravings the rest of the day.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    GET BACK ON IT!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Its really a mind game in the begginning. If you plan out what your going to eat for the whole day that may help, it does me. Stay on track and you'll be fine.
  • bluestheart
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it; it happens! Resolve to do better tomorrow - 2 bad days are not a reason to just keep having more bad days! Good luck!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. I joined last week, and after a successful weigh-in yesterday I suddenly lost all resolve and pigged out yesterday. so today I thought I'd make up for it, so didn't eat much till the evening and have just had a food frenzy! any thoughts/advice? thanks, Jen

Don't put off making better choices.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    We are human, we all have 'those' days...try to focus on tomorrow and not what you did, but what you will do! Don't be too hard on yourself and keep on going! Good luck!!!
  • I am not a psychologist/psychiatrist by any means, so I'm only speaking from my own personal experience, so take it as that. Are you self-sabotaging? You stated that "after a successful weigh-in" you pigged out....given the order of events it seems to me like self-sabotage. I used to do this. My advice is to only weigh yourself once a week to measure your progress.

Also, are you eating enough calories? I haven't checked your food diary, but before when I used to restrict myself too much, I'd binge after a period of time, and the cycle would continue. What are your current weekly goals?
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really work like that. Put yesterday behind, start fresh today. You need fuel daily to make this work. Yesterday you screwed up. Put it behind you, don't forget it, just put it behind. Do better today but don't starve today to "fix" yesterday.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Not eating all day makes your body tell your brain: FEED ME NOW!

What you should have done was plan your meals out for today, carefully allotting calories/carbs for each meal. That way you eat only what you should, and you also stay full so that at night time your body doesn't freak out and insist you eat everything in sight.

Remember that what you want to do is make a lifestyle change rather than diet. That means some days you will eat more than others and if you allow yourself the room to eat a piece of chocolate today, and then tomorrow for your snack eat a cucumber or a cup of yogurt. It's all about thinking, "If I eat this, will I be able to have 'that' later?"

Good luck!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You fall off, you get back on. Simple as that.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    forget about it! Get back up and keep going..don't do the not eating all day to make up for it though..as you experienced, it'll just make you crazy hungry at the end of the day. If you ever fall off and want to make up for it, do it by burning some extra calories.
  • thejenster90
    Options
    wow thanks everyone! you have made me feel so much better. off to bed now, then in the morning off to join the gym! still 5 days to go till next weigh-in, plenty of time to sort things out! thanks again x
  • 3natalie
    Options
    The same has happened to me to!!! So many distractions living LIFE!!! Well just dont give up and get back to it! :)
    :happy:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about falling off the wagon is you can burn calories chasing after it to catch up. Haha, no, in all seriousness...tomorrow is a new day. You can't get there on sheer will power alone, plan ahead. Make meals in advance, package your snacks, and make menu. It really helps
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    First off don't beat yourself up. Log all foods good and bad. Go for a walk, or whatever you enjoy. This is going to be a life long pattern change in your life and is not going to be over night, in one week, or maybe even a month.

I am most successful when I log everything. Not because I eat so well, but because I can go back and look at what I did, right and wrong. Some weeks at weight in I am devestated. I either stayed the same or didn't lose. I go back and look at my log and I either didn't exercise or fell off too many times. I usually allow myself once or twice in a week to eat something off plan. Carl's Jr oreo shake is 740 calories, but sometimes that is what I need. I just don't have one more than once a week.

Keep trying, I've been at this for 18 months now and I lost 1-2 lbs a week (Most weeks). I am now down 129 lbs. Went from a size 28 to size 12. You can do it too!!
  • thejenster90
    Options
    thanks for the protein advice. could you possibley give me some examples of high protein foods? thanks
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon, I do a double-backflip into a swan dive - judges give it 3 'tens'. :smile: I know how you feel. You dust yourself off! THATS what you do! You are in this for the long haul! It took me almost 10 months to get where I am now and I still have a ways to go! (Starting weight in Jan 2011 - 285-290. Current weight, 211)