anyone want to share smoothie

Options
Anyone have a favorite? I need some ideals for fresh Smoothies. I was just buying the packs to male them, but I think it will be easier to make them fresh. Please help on how much of everything I would need. Ty:happy:

Replies

• heavens_calm
    heavens_calm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    2 mornings a week I have 1 cup frozen berries (black berries, raspberries, strawberries) mixed with 1 cup of skim milk (runnier) or 1 cup fat free cherry yogurt (makes it almost like a sorbet!! YUM!) with a banana. Pretty easy to add protein mix to this too if you are trying to build muscle.

The nice thing about smoothies is the taste varies based on the fruits/veggies you use. Im not a fan of veggie smoothies, but I know carrot juice is REALLY good for you.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Depends if your into banana as most smoothie have bananna in them, *dislike*

I make mine with canned mango, frozen rasberries, greek yoghurt and lite milk.
  • Christinah5150
    Christinah5150 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do 1 cup of frozen fruit. Usually berries. 1 cup of trop 50. 1/4 cup cannon light and fit vanilla yogurt. And about 1 cup of crushed ice because it make for a bigger cup with adding calories. This is 150 calories.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    1/2 cup strawberry, blue berry, mixed fresh or frozen
    1 cup vanilla soy milk
    Splenda to taste
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Does fruit have to be frozen? I bought all kinds of fruit and vegs this morning with some Greek yogurt, skin milk. If so then I'll go ahead and put them in to chill.
    I'll try any kind of Smoothies. Lol it doesn't hurt to try that's how ya find out what you like. :bigsmile:
  • mamaof4boyz
    Options
    i use frozen fruit, some banana, ice and a splash of veggie juice. its yummy
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit just means you don't have to use ice. So if not frozen add ice
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    frozen berries with honey and soy milk or vanilla yogurt (or use plain and add vanilla)
    frozen mango and water with honey (very tasty!)

You can subsitute agave syrup for the honey, if you want.
  • tiffani7771
    tiffani7771 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a breakfast eater so when I saw this smoothie I couldn't wait to try it! I make up a couple batches and keep it in the freezer to pull out for a quick breakfast. You could also add your favorite protein powder if you needed extra in your diet without altering the calories too much :) My MFP's calculation it is 270 calories 42 carbs, 9 g protein, 9 g fat per serving.

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
    serves 2

2 bananas sliced and frozen
    1/4 cup oats
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    3/4 cup milk (I used skim for the above calorie count)

Put oats in blender and blend until they're powdery. Add remaining ingredients and blend until there are no more chunks of frozen banana. Garnish with fresh banana slices if desired.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    1 cup milk, 3 scoops vanilla lite yogurt, 1 scoop flax seed powder, 1 fish oil capsule drained, 4 or 5 frozen strawberries, 1 banana, and a handfull of frozen blueberries. Blend until smooth and creamy. Excellent with a handfull of almonds for breakfast.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Keifer smoothie (i like strawberry)
    1 banana
    a little spinach....mmmmm so good!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I use:

1 C skim milk
    1 scoop of Protein Powder (Jillian Michaels, Chocolate)
    1 TBlsp. Peanut Butter
  • sarahbaldwinrose
    Options
    I make mine dairy free substituting soy and almond milk for the dairy. I add one banana, a handful of frozen fruit, unsweetened cocoa( you can buy it in bulk) Imitaion coffee( I like the Roma brand) flaxseed oil,and one packet of stevia sweetener, just make sure you blend it really well. It also gives me my chocolate for the day. yumm.and if you need the extra protein you add protein powder., This keeps me full for a few hours. then when I get hungry later , I drink one glass of hawaiian fruit tea with one tablespoon of honey. It is a great way to fullfill my water requirement for the day :)
  • sarahbaldwinrose
    Options
    Spinach? Do you have a good pizza recipe.? I make 2 oz. of cheddar 5 mushrooms and marinara sauce on a whole wheat pita. you can add chicken or spinach!
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow ty, they all sound great! I'm going to start making some tomorrow
  • sarahbaldwinrose
    Options
    How do I keep my berries from molding?
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How do I keep my berries from molding?

Freezing them works wonders, and it makes the smoothie cold without adding ice.
  • lindsaybarb
    Options
    that peanut butter smoothie sounds delicious!! definitely going to try it tomorrow, thanks for sharing :)

Lately I am loving strawberry kiwi smoothies. I make it this way:

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 kiwi (peeled)
    1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup fat free milk
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    Just made == about 24 oz. Very Filling
    1/2 c. 2% milk (60 cals)
    1 banana (105 cals)
    1/2 pear (48 cals)