Other oatmeal recipes?

kristenn1989
kristenn1989 Posts: 196 Member
I love oatmeal cookies, but obviously these aren't good for me. anyone have any oatmeal-type dessert/snack/whatever that is tasty and a little on the sweeter side?

Replies

• Hi
    I'm an avid fan of Weight Watchers too and I added into the recipe database a Weight watcher cookie that uses oats and seeds - very healthy biscuit. I make them about 1.5 inch across - but very filling and hit the sweet spot
    I've labelled it - Weight Watchers Mixed Seed Biscuit 114Cal per biscuit which is high but very nutritious.
    Enjoy
    :happy:

3/4 cup (180g) Weight Watchers Canola Spread (low fat options)
    3tbs brown sugar
    1 1/2 cup (180g) wholemeal plain flour,sifted
    3/4 cup (90g) rolled oats
    3tbs sesame seeds
    9tsp sunflower seeds
    6tsp pepitas
    2tbs golden syrup

1. Preheat overn to 180 degree C or 160 degree C fan-forced. Line a bakig tray with baking paper.
    2. Using a wooden spoon, beat spread and sugar in a bowl for 2-3 minutes or until pale. Add flour and stir until combined.
    3. Add oats, sesame and sunflower seeds, and pepitas. Stir to combine. Using damp hand, divide mixture into even portions. Roll portions into balls and place on prepared tray. Using the palm of your hand, flatten balls into 6cm rounds.
    4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and drizzle biscuits with syrup while still warm. Set aside to cool. Serve.
    TIP: The uncooked dough can be frozen. Wrap in plastic wrap, then label, date and freeze for up to 1 month.
  • OMG do a bowl of 50%less sugar maple oatmeal.. stir in about a tablespoon of PB and melt it together.. tastes like a big PB oatmeal cookie and its not bad at all calorie wise!! YUMM!!
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    OMG do a bowl of 50%less sugar maple oatmeal.. stir in about a tablespoon of PB and melt it together.. tastes like a big PB oatmeal cookie and its not bad at all calorie wise!! YUMM!!
    I am going to try this with my family. I'm the oatmeal cooker in our house and I usually add fresh fruits, a little dried fruits, and nuts. I'm so making this this weekend!
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 196 Member
    mmmmmm. some of these sounds good. anyone have any tips to make less mushy oatmeal?
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    buy steel cut oats. they take a full 30 minutes to cook but are well worth the extra time. they have a more "chewy" texture. i love them! I cook multiple servings at once, 1-2 times per week, so the extra cooking time is completely manageable.