Last friend standing

Options
So, in April a few friends decided to join and keep each other accoutable in our "weight loss" journey....well, here it is January and I"m the only one that has hung on! Most dropped off after a month, while the rest was able to make it to the holidays, but now I'm the last girl standing. Has anyone else had this problem, am I just too dedicated to weight loss that I make it pass all the hurdles and set backs while my friends just let it defeat them? Don't get me wrong, its not easy, but I see 30 pounds down and cant wait to see the end result with another 30-50 off. Hhmmm, rant over!

Replies

• myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    yep! at work my coworkers start diets every Monday, it seems. I decided to start with them one Monday in July... and here I am 6 months later (today!) and 56lbs down, while they're "starting Monday" again :)
  • Mrsdaffy2
    Options
    Well I'm only a week old here :D & I only joined as support for my sister-in-law, I can thank her for getting me involved I needed to lose weight BUT there is no sign of her participating!!!! She seems to be doing something towards weight loss, because I text her. But I have to say I felt like I had being deserted :( But as it happens There are so many supportive people here I'm glad I didn't delete :D
    Well done on your determination :D After all it is OUR weigh loss Journey & really no one can do it but ourselves... best of luck with your Goals :)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I started this with two other friends. I ended up deleting them after they hadn't logged in 15+ days. There are some other people at work using the site but I dont even want to "friend" them. I'm making all sorts of new friends who actually log on everyday and are accountable.
  • I joined a bootcamp with a friend on a coupon. I'm getting close to the end of my deal and I'm worried about affording the class. My instructor is really nice and encouraging and I think he might cut me a little bit of a break because I'm doing really good and I've been really losing and staying with the program. If you can get in good with an instructor and bring some people in and get some referrals you might be able to get a little break on a program. That way your support is someone you know through fitness instead of your sometimesy friends and co-workers.

There are people that are never going to stop trying to find the magic pill or next fad diet. Let's just challenge ourselves to the work and find some support on this site.
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I find it reassuring that I'm not the only one in this boat...LOL I continue to find support with everyone on this site, everyone here has the same goal in the end. I wish everyone luck in their journey :)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's why you have us. :bigsmile:
  • lilred125
    Options
    So glad to see that people actually post on here. I've been on for a couple weeks now, 2lbs down, and already feeling great! I love reading posts about success, trials, everything! Keep up the good work!! :happy:

14165433.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    exactly!!
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Venting is always good:) Good luck to you:smile::smile: :smile:
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    While I didn't join this site with anyone, I do know some folks that also joined I think before me. Right now we are all still here and I hope it stays that way, for the betterment of all of our health.