Big Birthday weekend...

Options
...starts now!! my little baby Lana is turning 1 on saturday. we have a joint birthday party tonight at my brother-in-law's house. His son Korbin is 1 today. so we call the babies "the twins" because they were born two days apart...we were all in the hospital together...it was so much fun. anyway...the big party is tonight and there's gonna be tons of food and tons of cake. I took someone's advice and offered to bring the salad, so at least I know I have that to eat!! Then tomorrow we're having a b-day party at my mom's house for my daughter and my sister who's birthday is today too!! my mom's side of the family is all on this diet kick right now so I'm not worried about dinner there, but there will be cake.... Then on saturday we're having a party for my daughter and my sister at my dad's house. he called to tell me they are ordering chinese food and will have cake and ice cream. I love chinese food and I haven't had it in several months, so I'm going to splurge that night and have some (in moderation of course!!). And then sunday is Easter sunday, so we are going out to eat after church with my mom's side of the family and my sister and her family (they are up here from florida for 5 days) so I'm not missing this chance to go out with them. then my in-laws want us to come over to their house for a dinner that night before heading back to church...so this weekend is going to be nothing but family, parties and food!!!

I decided to look at this as a challenge. Not just "sticking to my diet and trying not to cheat too bad", but I'm going to put my new healhtier-eating lifestyle into practice. I will try to choose the lesser evil when it comes to choosing which foods to put on my plate, and also remember portion control and moderation. I'm choosing not to be obsessive about recording all my food intake cuz I know that will just stress me out and make me feel guilty. but I'm just going to enjoy this weekend and celebrate making it through my first year with my little Lana and surviving my first year having two children, and also enjoy the time with my sister and her family...it may be a year or so before i see her again!!

so I know a lot of people on here can understand how I'm feeling right now...I've seen all the posts about parties and cake eating....so I'm gonna go back and read some of those for advice....

~Pam

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    ...starts now!! my little baby Lana is turning 1 on saturday. we have a joint birthday party tonight at my brother-in-law's house. His son Korbin is 1 today. so we call the babies "the twins" because they were born two days apart...we were all in the hospital together...it was so much fun. anyway...the big party is tonight and there's gonna be tons of food and tons of cake. I took someone's advice and offered to bring the salad, so at least I know I have that to eat!! Then tomorrow we're having a b-day party at my mom's house for my daughter and my sister who's birthday is today too!! my mom's side of the family is all on this diet kick right now so I'm not worried about dinner there, but there will be cake.... Then on saturday we're having a party for my daughter and my sister at my dad's house. he called to tell me they are ordering chinese food and will have cake and ice cream. I love chinese food and I haven't had it in several months, so I'm going to splurge that night and have some (in moderation of course!!). And then sunday is Easter sunday, so we are going out to eat after church with my mom's side of the family and my sister and her family (they are up here from florida for 5 days) so I'm not missing this chance to go out with them. then my in-laws want us to come over to their house for a dinner that night before heading back to church...so this weekend is going to be nothing but family, parties and food!!!

I decided to look at this as a challenge. Not just "sticking to my diet and trying not to cheat too bad", but I'm going to put my new healhtier-eating lifestyle into practice. I will try to choose the lesser evil when it comes to choosing which foods to put on my plate, and also remember portion control and moderation. I'm choosing not to be obsessive about recording all my food intake cuz I know that will just stress me out and make me feel guilty. but I'm just going to enjoy this weekend and celebrate making it through my first year with my little Lana and surviving my first year having two children, and also enjoy the time with my sister and her family...it may be a year or so before i see her again!!

so I know a lot of people on here can understand how I'm feeling right now...I've seen all the posts about parties and cake eating....so I'm gonna go back and read some of those for advice....

~Pam
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great weekend! and it seems as though you have a good plan...picking the healthier food items and controlling portion size. have fun and enjoy yourself!!!!!
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just had my birthday and people brought in cake on Monday so it has been here in the kitchen all week! I would hold off as long as I could and drink water! Then when I finally caved I would cut a little sliver! It did the trick for me! I guess I would do the same with everything. Moderation.

Good luck and just remember you can always get up if you fall. We all have our moments.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I would make sure not to go to the parties too hungry, perhaps eat a salad or somthing before the party that way you dont go overboard cause you wont be that hungry, and you will be more selective in what you are eating if your not famished :flowerforyou:
    j~
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great weekend! Have a great time:drinker:
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    well party #1 is over and I didn't do too bad. I ate a few wheat thins and had a huge glass of water before going over. for dinner I filled my plate with mostly salad and had half a serving of lasagna. I had a small piece of cake and 1 1/2 cans of diet coke. I did actually log in my meal and I still have 200 calories left for the day!! YAY!!! they had tons of food there to munch on, but I was too busy chasing my girls around and making sure things kept moving along, that I didn't really even have time to look at the food table!!

1 down, 3 to go!!

~Pam