Feeling Guilty..

Options
I seem to have a problem not sure if anyone else could relate..but for me it seems every time after i eat a meal of any sort I just feel guilty like I'm gaining all the fat back and it makes me want to go and workout some more..i know I'm just being silly and its all in my head but i hate the feeling! just wondering if anyone else has ever felt this way...?

Replies

• sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes, I can feel the fat growing in my @ss as we speak after my dinner!
  • tldrjane
    Options
    I know what you mean... my least favorite time of the day is sleeping after I've felt too lazy to exercise. I can feel the fat and have to sleep with a pillow so I don't obsess over it. That is so depressing.

But listen, you have to eat to survive. You're not going to get fat because of one meal, and by tracking your calories you can see what you're eating. That part should make you feel guilty, if you eat too much..that's kind of the point. But if you worry too much about it, you're going to develope something like body dysmorphic disorder or something and become anorexic :( Don't stress. If you keep tracking and exercising, you are going to look FANTASTIC :)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You should spend some time reflecting on your reasons for this guilt. You need to eat and you shouldn't feel guilty about doing something you are required to do to survive. What and how much are you eating? Stay in your calorie goal and make an effort to eat healthy-er foods.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    What is it that you are eating back? As long as it's not a pizza or a greasy burger you are ok. Your suppose to eat your calories back in a healthy way. Your burning fat but then feeding your muscles
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Be careful, because that's the kind of thing that can lead to an eating disorder if taken too far. I know I'm being a little reactive here, but I had a friend in high school who's sister developed an eating/exercise disorder because of those kinds of thoughts. The great thing is that you're telling us about it. Keeping the thoughts to yourself would be bad.

As others have said, you have to eat. Food is fuel for your body, plain and simple. Eat good food, log everything and stay close to your calorie goals, and try to not be so hard on yourself. If you occasionally have something you shouldn't, remember that you're human and tomorrow is another day. You can succeed at this.
  • amizimmerman
    Options
    Oh No...I certainly know I must eat to survive..theres no worries or concerns there..def. not gonna starve myself..and i track my calories I'm always under or right on and I workout everyday for at least 2 hours its just sometimes I think wow after all that hard work I hope this meal isn't ruining what Ive done today...Ive lost 20 pounds in the last month and a half but just need to drop a few more..hard after your stomach has stretched from having 3 kids!