Help, Bra Size question

Options
2»

Replies

• annalynne1983
    Options
    Oh gosh I didn't realise I wrote that much!!

Seriously it scares me how many women have to readjust their bra all the time - I only have to when I put on weight and the cups become too small for my old bra, although I do have to do a bit of adjusting sometimes with my Tshirt bra but I think that's because I brought it slightly too small in the cup because I was fatter than usual at the time. They also shouldn't be at risk of falling out when you bend over, go to the gym etc!

I pay more for my bras now than ever before, because I'm forced to because since I lost weight I can only find my band size in the Bendon shop in NZ, but it has worked out really well because now I have bras that fit and flatter and are comfy - it really is SOOOO worth paying a bit more for a good bra, then looking after them (handwashing, dry in shade etc).
  • cassiebrooks
    cassiebrooks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I go to Kane Bryant. The same manufacturer makes both them and Victoria secret. Go for the plunge bra...go try and it, it's the only bra I'll ever buy! Gives me shape!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I agree a good comfortable bra should not break the bank. I always end up buying them as my treat to myself for birthdays and the such. I hate the quick tug that you have to do every time you stand back up from bending over. Or my favorite the fear that they may fall out while doing incline sit-ups at the gym. I am terrified of that happening!

That is definitely a sign the band is too big for you! Another site with a large selection of sizes is Figleaves.com. I order from them frequently. Based in UK, but the have a US processor for returns.
  • woodmetal
    Options
    Hi!!yes you should try figleaves.com THey are wonderful, based out of the UK but have an 800 number! I wear a 30dd so they have been great! I went to VS and tried to buy a swimsuit and they told me the bottoms were great but good luck on a top! I got twpo from fig leaves and they both were great and made for a better honeymoon! Kim
  • jadedone
    Options
    Hi!!yes you should try figleaves.com THey are wonderful, based out of the UK but have an 800 number! I wear a 30dd so they have been great! I went to VS and tried to buy a swimsuit and they told me the bottoms were great but good luck on a top! I got twpo from fig leaves and they both were great and made for a better honeymoon! Kim

I got a suit from Figleaves too. Everyone was like, wow you bathing suit is so cute and flattering! :) Definitely highly recommended if you are DD+ -- no matter what size you are.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I have been losing weight around my rib cage and my bras arent fitting right. I measured myself and have used the calculators online and get sizes ranging from 40DD-36J. I have worn a 38DD for the last 2 years. The girl at Victoria's Secret said I was a 42DD and that they dont carry those sizes here. Any ideas? My measurements are :
    Bust:46, Underbust:36.
    Thanks!

I measured:

I am 47/37. So based on that, I think you definitely should be looking at 36s and 34s. (I typically wear about a 36H or GG or a 38FF or G)

Maybe a 34FF or G.
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I looked at Figleaves.com and I love the selection they are so pretty! I am going to go to Dillards this weekend and get measured and then order something for working out and something for Valentines Day :)
  • jadedone
    Options
    I looked at Figleaves.com and I love the selection they are so pretty! I am going to go to Dillards this weekend and get measured and then order something for working out and something for Valentines Day :)

I really like Freya bras! They are a little more trendy than some of the other ones. Panache fits me great too!
  • jreimund
    Options

Haha, that is why I wear a sports bra OVER my regular bra!!
    (and maybe some duct tape!)