Under Calories/Carbs but Over Fat/Protein (not by much)

Options
I'm a MFP newbie (just since January 10, 2012). I've got over 100 pounds to lose and have decided to go the "carb conscious" route, just cause this is what seems to work best for me. My goal is 100 carbs or less a day, although MFP has automatically given me close to double that based on my height and weight. Since Tuesday, I've been pretty good at staying under the Calorie/Carbs I'm allowed (that includes under 100 carbs, not the carbs allowed by MFP), but like today I'm over my fat grams by 12 and my protein by 1. My question is, how much will my weight loss be affected by staying under the calorie/carb count but barely going over the fat/protein count? I'm still trying to grasp counting all of this stuff before I eat it..lol! :)

Replies

• theresaboyers
    Options
    I have about 30 lbs to lose and I have the same question. I am trying to find low carb snacks...I just started yesterday!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You can customize your goals to have lower carb and higher fat/protein every day. I try to eat around 150 grams of protein a day. Way over their default limit!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you have your MFP set up automatically? If that's the case, chances are you could be deficient in protein and / or fat. .35 to .4g of fat per lb of bodyweight is a good place to start.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Here is what I learned from nutrition gurus. For weight loss (including fat loss :) ), eat 1g of protein per LBM pound and 0.35 g of fat per BW pound. The rest fill it with carbs.
  • bound4glory2
    bound4glory2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can customize your goals to have lower carb and higher fat/protein every day. I try to eat around 150 grams of protein a day. Way over their default limit!

How do I customize? This would be awesome if I could figure out how to do it.... lol
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the protein so much... but make sure those fat grams are from good fats. Like olive oil, avocados....
  • bound4glory2
    Options
    I'm assuming you have your MFP set up automatically? If that's the case, chances are you could be deficient in protein and / or fat. .35 to .4g of fat per lb of bodyweight is a good place to start.

Is there any other way to set up MFP other than automatically? This would be great if I could set my own limits :)
  • willowfyre
    Options

Is there any other way to set up MFP other than automatically? This would be great if I could set my own limits :)

If you go to your MFP home page, there's a link called "Goals". Click on that and chose "Custom".
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables, with some cheese, greek yogurt plain
  • bound4glory2
    Options

If you go to your MFP home page, there's a link called "Goals". Click on that and chose "Custom".
    Got it! Thank you!