Calories in grapes

Options
I have always counted the cals in grapes by 3 calories each, but since looking through the database, it seems like 80g is half a cup at 60 cals while 1 cup is 160g and 100 cals. So if that is true, then I have been underestimating the calories. So I just want to know how you guys count grapes. Thanks!:)

Replies

• missfluffyuk
    Options
    I don't eat grapes, but as a general rule I always try to overestimate the cals in my food :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've always assumed grapes are one of those foods that are incredibly low in calories. Have you tried googling them? I really wouldn't about underestimating the calories in grapes :) Unless you're eating a whole bag at a time :laugh: :laugh:
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    0.69 cal/g
  • 2012bitches
    2012bitches Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grapes are about 60 calories for a cup
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Same as almost everything else - I weigh them! You could however, weigh out 100g, then divide the number of cals (69 per 100g) by the number of grapes, which will give you a rough idea of the amount of cals per (average) grape. :smile:
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    there's a lot of wrong info in the database unfortunately. Whenever i can't verify the calorie account against the actual nutrition facts on the label I always google it. I believe grapes are like 3.5 calories for one :)
  • emily115
    emily115 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I guess I will just stick with 3 cals a grape, and if anything I am most likely not far from the right cals:)