losing 8 to 10 pounds in January 2012

Options
Hope all is well,
So If you are planning on losing between 8 to 10 pounds by the end of January, please post up your suggestions, advice and execution plans so others could utilize your information and feedback in order to achieve their goals.
Good luck everybody.

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get down at least 10 lbs this month,
    My plan was to get 60 mins of physical activity in 5 days a week ( hasn't happened yet), drink only water (which I've already failed at), get a good nights sleep (also failed at, but not for lack of trying), & eat healthy.. ( had mexican last night, to greasy to be called healthy even if it was under my cal. intake goal)
    I still haven't given up, I just don't think I'll lose 8 or 10 lbs now. (:
  • Brittneyschoice
    Options
    Hey there,
    I have a lot of time during the weekdays so working out 5 days out of 7 works so well with my schedule. Taking it one day at a time and only focusing on what you need to get done that day gives you strength mentally to stay focus. This is for the people like me who needs to realize that losing weight takes time and effort:smile:
  • alighanavi
    alighanavi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with the taking it day by day. another very important thing is to focus on the positive things you do instead of the negative.
    as an example if you messed up by eating something you weren't supposed to then just put it in the past and move on without thinking about it too much. because that will cause more guilt and it will bring your motivation down.
    An average of 2 to 2.5 lbs a week is achievable as long as we follow the guidelines.
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat 1200 - 1500 calories a day, work out at least 3 times a week, and eat healthy. I'm shooting to lose a pound a week. I am also using this Dr. Miller's Holy Tea stuff to try to shake this bloat that won't go away while I'm starting my diet. I quit smoking 26 days ago so I am desperate to lose the weight I put on. I'm 157 and 5'6", trying to get back to my happy place at 145 - 150.
  • Shellebell921
    Shellebell921 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I plan to lose 8 lbs by the end of the month especially if I can put the chocolate down.. My plan... Hmmm i try and do 60 min of cardio daily except Fri... Gotta have a day off.. I also do strength training 4 times a week alternating upper and lower body. And finally, I am trying desperately to incorporate a well rounded but low carb diet.. Of course I have slipped up on my diet since I started but I treat each day as a new day and get back on the horse.

Needless to say, I am new to mfp and I am just learning my way around. I am in need of friends to give and recieve motivation. Please add me as a friend if you wish.. Thanks and good luck..
  • alighanavi
    alighanavi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you will accomplish it. when you setup smaller goals it's better for long term results.