Running Headphones

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good pair of running headphones I can plug into my Iphone? My buds keep falling out midrun and its driving me crazy! Nothing too expensive please :)

Replies

• dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Phillips Sports In-Ear Hadphones from Target. I'm pretty sure they were under $30. I like them because they have the soft earbuds that fit in your ear, but also the loops that go over your ear. I'm not sure they are waterproof, but they have been working well for me so far.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Perfect, I have been looking for ones that wrap around the ear so they wont fall out
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You can probably google them to see what they look like, and then just pick them up next time you go shopping!
  • rebecca_chess
    rebecca_chess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike ones ($20 at Walmart) that are waterproof - they are old style over the head but with ear buds on the ends. LOVE THEM!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Skull Candy.

Only brand of earbuds I've found that don't fall out when I run.
  • lilbuddytatertot
    lilbuddytatertot Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i use the kind that wrap around your ear because even the squishy ear buds fall out when i get sweaty.. i buy mine from the dollar store. It's like 5 dollars for a pack of three kinds of things to listen with (the squishy ear buds, the kind that have the band that goes over the top of your head, and the kind that wrap around your ear) they have never worn out before i lost them, so they last at least a couple of months
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Skull Candy or another brand with the soft ear buds that actually fit into and almost mold to your ear are the only ones I've found that won't fall out,.
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I got some ifrogs from Wal-Mart for $10 and love them. I had two pairs of Skull Candy that were good for running, but one ear went out in both pairs. I won't buy anymore.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Motorola S9-HD (they're bluetooth; no cord)

There's also an S10-HD now, but this probably means the S9-HD's can be found cheaper.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of wrap around ones that are waterproof at Best Buy. Think they cost $30. I want to say they're Phillips, but I can't recall at the moment. They stick in my ear like glue until I pull them out. Worth every penny.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sony sells some that go over the ear. I got mine for about $30 at Radio Shack.
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I buy the Sony ones that hook around the ear and they barely go into the ear. The buds always hurt my ears and being that these dont go all the way in, they dont hurt and they stay in place throughout my run.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I have the kind that wrap around the ear, they're just a $20 pair from target and I've had them for years. They don't budge while running.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ones with loops around the ears are clutch. i got a pair for $5 at Five Below :)
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Skull Candy 2XL are awesome. I dropped my iphone today while they were plugged in and my iphone just hung there (i.e., the weight didn't pull them out of my ears).

I got mine on a groupon for $8, if you search around for a few days maybe they'll run another one.
  • hollypoindexter
    Options
    I have freakishly tiny ears and can never find buds that fit. Skull candy did but I worried about cramming something so far down in my ear...I have a pair of Nike ones that I love love. The speaker part fits over opening of ear then the frame goes over ear and behind neck. They stay put no matter how sweaty you get. Sure bet :) good luck
  • RoboLikes
    Options
    So many choices, thanks everyone!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't like the things over my ears. Yurbuds work great for me. The used to sell just the earbud covers but looks like now you have to buy as part of a set .
  • RoboLikes
    Options
    Great, thanks for all the options! Especially the ones I can use with my Target card!
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I gave up on earphones. I don't like running alone and unable to hear, I want to be able to hear when I'm about to be attacked. I could be over cautious though. If I'm outside I just play my music at a level that's not too loud.