Troubled chocoholic

Options
So, I'm putting this question out to the masses.

How do you shut up your inner chocoholic?

I really am trying to be good, but man, I love me some chocolate. There are nights where I find it very hard not to give into this craving. Does anyone have any tips, tricks or advice?

Replies

• kate1168
    Options
    I am a total chocoholic. I just started on MFP this past week and it's really helping me with this problem since I am now aware and counting everything I put in my mouth. I keep a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the freezer, if you have a Trader Joe's near you, theirs are really good. Any time I get that craving I eat like 5-10 and so far this week it seems to be keeping me from eating anything else.
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Three musketeer mini's ...... keep a bag in the freezer. There is a lot of chocolate flavor in one of them and since they are frozen they take a while to eat. Also, Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate (25 calories) or Nestle Hot Chocolate Rich and Creamy tastes better but has 80 calories. This is how I deal with it. Hope it helps.
  • beckyobsm
    beckyobsm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 6 months to get a handle on the same problem. I still have flare ups now and again.... but for the most part I've moved past it. I haven't lost a ton of weight, but my skin has cleared up dramatically. The best? I am starting to feel in control again. I was really out of control with it.....
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am suffer without the chocolate guys. It's wrecking havouc to my happiness:P My friend suggest I get chocolate pudding, Jello makes low calorie ones. So I think I might try that. I could never have 5-10 chocolate chips.. No restraint:P But I do agree with MFP I have been so aware of my food!
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    snacking on chocolate cheerios or cocoa almonds.
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I love me some chocolate, too. Try the Fiber One Brownies! They are only 90 Calories with 5 grams of Fiber and 1 gram of Protein. They are super rich and delicious! I will heat one up in the microwave for 20 seconds and add a couple of scoops of the Weight Watchers ice cream to it. It's wonderful!
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am suffer without the chocolate guys. It's wrecking havouc to my happiness:P My friend suggest I get chocolate pudding, Jello makes low calorie ones. So I think I might try that. I could never have 5-10 chocolate chips.. No restraint:P But I do agree with MFP I have been so aware of my food!

I've actually tried the pudding and personally it doesn't cut it. I like to chew my chocolate. I did like the mousse though. And I agree, I could never stop at 5-10 chips. I don't refer to it as chocohol just for kicks.
  • Tainers
    Tainers Posts: 21
    Options
    I have a chocolate protein shake....or Swiss Miss Fat Free 20 cal Hot Chocolate with Lite whip cream from the can....does the trick for me!!!

13573187.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • foxyla13
    Options
    I always have to break myself of the taste-for about a week, no actual chocolate at all. If a craving does hit, I actually eat chocolate jello pudding. You can have a sugar free cup for 60 calories, which still tastes good. Helps me, especially for the before bed sweet craving. Or, sometimes you just have to have it. I usually save around 150 calories for the end of the night in case it hits...if I need to, I can have 2 cookies.
  • appleiam1994
    appleiam1994 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im also a crazy chocolate fan!!! I drink only diet hot coco (25 cal) and small individually wrapped chocolate (godiva dark chocolate gems: about 25 calories each!) :)
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    chocolate calcium chews 1 or 2 a day, fudgecicle, low cal hot chocolate, chocolate protein shake, chocolate protein bar, mocha coffee with mocha splenda
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You don't have to! I have some organic fudge bars (I think they're by Jala... you can look them up in the food database). They're about 110 cals for the bar. If you don't have that much to spare, have some dark chocolate. Chocolate chips, Extra dark Hershey's, etc are good. Since they are slightly more bitter, you won't want as much (& think of all the antioxidants). I've also heard that taking the extra step to melting the chocolate will determine whether you want to go through the extra work of doing it & whether you really want the chocolate that bad. You could dip some fruit (strawberries, banana, apples, etc) and have a healthier snack. Or the chocolate chips with a few peanuts or something.
  • lcorbusier
    Options
    Chocolate has a bad rep but they're actually good for you. Like wine is good for your heart ,so they say, so is chocolate because my understanding that it has high antioxidant and revs up your inner desires :) If you're troubled by chocolates avoid the ones that are milk chocolates or high in sugars. I always preferred dark chocolates: the ones that are 70% or more cacao. I think I've broken the world record by eating one Double Chocolate Brownie from Starbucks for a whole year every single day! It's my secret weapon to a healthy me.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I get cravings in the evening for a small smackeral of something sweet. I don't know if they sell it in your area or not, but a small bowl of Kellogg's Special K Chocolaty Delight works well for me to soothe the savage beast. Crunchy, chocolate-flavor. *drool. In fact, it's about time for that smackeral now!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I love me some chocolate, too. Try the Fiber One Brownies! They are only 90 Calories with 5 grams of Fiber and 1 gram of Protein. They are super rich and delicious! I will heat one up in the microwave for 20 seconds and add a couple of scoops of the Weight Watchers ice cream to it. It's wonderful!

I love the fiber one brownies! They are much better than expected and are big enough that I feel like I'm being really indulgent!

Another thing that helps me are the skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars. It satiates my need for chocolate and ice cream and they are only 100 or 110 calories. Very delicious as well!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Chocolate flavored protein shakes.. or Power Crunch Triple Chocolate is simply divine. and only 5g of sugar to boot!
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WHAT???? Do these exist in Canada? If not how does one smuggle them across the border? :smokin:
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    hmmmm. it seems like I have some products to add to my "check it out" list. I wonder if I can find some of these.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot, I've also gotten Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bars that are heaven in a wrapper! It's very dense, so I can usually eat only 1/2. For the whole bar, it's 180 cals, 17 carbs, 4.5g fats, 20g protein, 75mg sodium, 2g sugar, 2g fiber.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Eclipse is a local (soon to be national) chocolate maker. I buy the dark chocolate bars (60% +) and break off one piece as a serving most of the time. Like .4oz, less than 100 calories.

If you only like milk chocolate then you are more addicted to the sugar than the chocolate. Dark chocolate soothes that need in my heart and head.