traveling

Options
I am in a wedding and will be traveling this weekend..,.... any tips on good low cal healthy snacks that will even satisfy my fiance?

Replies

• jbrandenberger
    Options
    I am in a wedding and will be traveling this weekend..,.... any tips on good low cal healthy snacks that will even satisfy my fiance?
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Raw nuts, dried fruit, wheat crackers, protein bars.
  • reowings
    reowings Posts: 11
    Options
    I love Kashi TLC bars, and they are very satisfying. Even Nature Valley's chewy trail mix bars will work, although they do have a touch of corn syrup. But they're 140 cals, and can do the trick between meals.
    Slivered almonds are good, and you could pre-portion them (or anything) in those little snack baggies. Fruit is good, and those Clementine tangerines are 2-per serving and are less than 100 calories. Speaking of which, lots of 100-calorie-packs are out there, and you could even put them in snack baggies to disguise the fact from your fiance (if you think you need to ;-)
    Beef jerky is low fat, high protein, but it is high sodium (though I think some low sodium ones are out there).
    My husband and I do NOT eat the same foods alot of the time, so maybe you can pack very healthy for you, and find out what he wants to snack on. I say do whatever you need to help keep away from those drive-thrus or junk foods.
    But regardless of what you're eating, J, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!! =)
    -Rachel