Too many vitamins?

Options
dia77
dia77 Posts: 410 Member
Is there such a thing as taking too many vitamins? I am recovering after a series of health problems. Since November 23 till today I had three ear infections.9beside my major health problems) My conclusion was that my immune system is down. So, I started taking these vitamins (not very consistent, that’s true):
Biotin -1000 mg, B12 sublingual 1000 mg, and Woman Ultra Mega Active (GNC) – one per day. If I am not taking them I feel down, no energy and I will sleep 2-3 h in the afternoon.

After I take them I feel good. Not too much energy , but at least I can stay awake:)

Any thoughts?
Thank you.

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible to over-dose on vitamins. Please read for more info: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/vitamins-minerals-how-much-should-you-take
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    From what you've described, you should be fine. B12 is water soluble, which means that whatever your body doesn't use will just pass through in urine.

I say, pop them pills! :)
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    The vitamins don't seem excessive, but the tiredness should be addressed by a doctor. Although I'm not a doctor, I do know that if you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night than you shouldn't feel tired during the day. It may be something like: Anemia, thyroid disorder, reaction to caffeine (some people get tired from it), sleep apnea, food allergies, or even heart disease. Whatever it is, please have it looked at. It's not worth taking a chance.... You deserve to enjoy your life!
  • dia77
    Options
    The vitamins don't seem excessive, but the tiredness should be addressed by a doctor. Although I'm not a doctor, I do know that if you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night than you shouldn't feel tired during the day. It may be something like: Anemia, thyroid disorder, reaction to caffeine (some people get tired from it), sleep apnea, food allergies, or even heart disease. Whatever it is, please have it looked at. It's not worth taking a chance.... You deserve to enjoy your life!
    I am recovering from thyroid radiation procedure . However, I didn't expected to take so long. I know the reason behind all the simptoms. I was just afraid I am going over board . I just want to feel "normal" and to be able to go to gym again:)
  • dia77
    Options
    Yes, it's possible to over-dose on vitamins. Please read for more info: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/vitamins-minerals-how-much-should-you-take
    Thank you , that was helpful:)
  • dia77
    Options
    From what you've described, you should be fine. B12 is water soluble, which means that whatever your body doesn't use will just pass through in urine.

I say, pop them pills! :)
    "LIKE"!:laugh:
  • dia77
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback guys. I feel way better now :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My vitamin D supplements gave me kidney stones. Not fun. And expensive with all the dr appointments.