Do you like or tolerate protein powders?

Options
Those of you who use protein powders - Do you like the taste or do you tolerate it because of the health benefits. If you like them love them or hate them which ones do you recommend or would never buy again? Thanks for your responses.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Those of you who use protein powders - Do you like the taste or do you tolerate it because of the health benefits. If you like them love them or hate them which ones do you recommend or would never buy again? Thanks for your responses.

I don't drink shakes that much anymore, but still use powders for proats and sludges etc

so yeah i like the taste

Best tasting in my experience

Gaspari
    Tru Nutrition
    Xtreme Formulations
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I think it may be an acquired taste. You kind of get used to them and they end up being somewhat delicious, especially when doctored up with milk or bananas or peanut butter or some combination thereof. Not all brands are equal in terms of flavor or quality.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Um... it's kinda a toleration situation.

We add it to our green smoothies...

the one we use (right now) is a Raw Vegan protein powder... Raw Advantage (?) I'm pretty sure that's the name. Vanilla flavor. It's okay.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i like the one i have (only one ive tried so far...CytoSport vanilla.. i dont like the texture so much with 8oz water, but i like it with milk. been toying with the idea of trying it with 6 oz water.
    i do love making different smoothies with it too :)
  • petekris96
    Options
    Yes, I drink Designer Whey Protein natural flavor and mix it with Fruit. Love it.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Love. You need a good one, not generic grocery store ones.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    They all taste slightly different. If you're crafty enough you can learn to cook with them while not making cookies that turn out like bricks. I agree with the preferences of acg, all of those are in my opinion the best in stats and taste. If I'm in a pinch I'll make a shake but I prefer to actually eat something.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    At first, I was drinking protein powders because of the benefits but after I found the one I am currently on, I can honestly say I love it and would never switch to anything else... It's super tasty.. It's called Syntha6 in Vanilla Ice Cream..