Diary: do u Pre-Log, Realtime log, or post-log?

Options
I use the app so i just log in realtime. Im the spaz with a burrito in front of him w/ my phone out adding it too "Lunch" :|

i suppose theres benefits to prelogging, would have amplan of attack and wouldnt wing things all the time...

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i try to prelog as much as possible. i plan my meals a week or two in advance, so i add those first and work the rest of my day around that.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Prelogging is a funny way to say planning. I'll prelog so I have an outline, but I often have to change it later.
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Prelogging is the only way I can make sure I get anywhere close to my target calories and P/F/C ratio. I've only been doing this for a week. I'm sure as I build more standardized meals, I won't need to rely on prelogging so much. But right now its a must.

Another huge benefit of prelogging: it has completely eliminated compulsive food choices. If I'm considering a cookie, I will first enter it into my Food Diary. Once I see I would blow half my carbs for the day on cookies, I just set them down and walk away. :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    real time if i am at home with my laptop on
    otherwise post-log asap so i know how many more calories to go
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    All of the above.
    In the beginning, I pre-logged, because it helped me get close to my goals because I probably couldn't have told you how many calories were in an egg when I started this, haha.
    Now, I mostly real-time log, because I've got a basic idea of the calories/fat/carbs/protein in foods I eat often, and because I'm getting better at putting meals together with the remaining calories/macros I have.
    Occasionally I post-log, but that's for like, Christmas and stuff, usually when I don't plan on logging but I log because I'm curious, lol.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I do it all. Pre-log when I know what I'm having that day, realtime when I'm not and post-log when I eat out.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    It really depends..
    If I know I won't be able to log it, I do it before hand.. If I'm at home doing nothing.. I log while I eat.. If I'm busy & lazy, I log before I go to sleep.
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Work days where I have a standard meals I real time log. But over weekends I plan and save a few calories here and there to make up for a treat.