shaking after a workout

Options
I understand that its normal to shake when working a muscle to its max but how long after a workout should you become concerned if you don't stop shaking? Its been about 15 min since my workoit and my hands are very shaky.

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I only get shaky if I haven't fueled properly for the workout. Like I did 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday and only had 1 cup of cheerios and some milk at 7am--my run was at 9am. NOT a good thing. I should have had a banana or something before the run.
  • hogy0126
    Options
    Shaking is normal. There is no concern. It could last up to an hour depending on how hard you worked the muscle. I get them all the time its nothing to worry about :D
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Drink a protein shake!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I never shake after a workout, no matter how hard. Do you get cranky and lightheaded too? If so then it's just low blood sugar. Eat something, anything. Especially if you eat simple carbs you should feel better within minutes.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If I haven't fueled my body enough for a workout I shake very badly and get very dizzy afterwards. I have to rest and eat something to get back to normal.
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :-)