Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, how wonderful!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That's awesome CONGRATS you are doing a great.....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    YEA!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Great job!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the hard work:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wahooo!!!! That is so awesome. *doing happy dance* I am so excited for you. Congratulations!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    You did it!! You are truly an inspiration to us all! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    weldone you :flowerforyou:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    AWESOME JOB.....KEEP IT UP LADY!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Pittsburgh
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL for the great words of support and congrats! It really does make me feel that much better than I already did! Especially to know that I am inspiring others to keep going. I am convinced that weight loss is possible and it can happen at a slow, steady, yet constant pace to keep you going. Take it a week at a time!!! It will happen!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!
    Congratulations!!!!

Its great to know that what we're doing is going to pay off...and it sure did for you!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I am 199!!! Woohoooo!!! Ahh, I don't know what it is about seeing a 1 in front of my weight. I know it's just a number....but when I started at 270 in September.......it seemed like it would take FOREVER to reach this number! 71 lbs gone!!

Thanks for all your 100ish vibes!!
    Great, great, GREAT job!!!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've followed your progress since I joined just over 2 weeks ago, and you have really inspired me!

May I ask a favour? Would you mind posting a sample menu for the day (one that you think to be tasty and satisfying!)? I find I'm always eating the same boring grilled meat and veg.

Any secrets to share? Tips for success?

CONGRATS!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hey! Thanks so much!! I love knowing that my success is inspiring others too! I used to feel so helpless and like it just wasn't possible to lose so much weight, but here I am, losing it..and I have not suffered at all!

I had emailed this list to someone awhile back...but it is some of my staples. I have to say that Trader Joes helps me A LOT. I hate that they aren't located everywhere but they seem to be building more and more stores. I just find such a nice change and variety of healthful and lower cal foods there to keep me from getting bored.

I tend to go through cravings. Like I will have the same 2 or 3 lunches for a couple of weeks, then change it up.

I drink a TON of water. First thing in the morning I drink 24 ounces before I allow myself my one mug of coffee for the day. Then I try to get in at least 72 ounces if not more. Pretty much the only thing I drink right now is water, coffee and green or herbal tea....oh, sometimes I have Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa! :) I eat around 1550-1600 calories a day on average. Sometimes a little less depending on the day, etc. I have been working out about 4 days a week and have worked my way up so now I am at 55 min on the elliptical at level 17, random setting. I tend to burn around 675-700 calories a session not counting the strength-training I do. I also chase my 16 month old son around, which helps!! I have been bench pressing him too lately, which is fun!! LOL! Ummm, I measure everything. I have a food scale and use it to measure everything from bananas (without the peel of course) to meat and even the mccains oven roasted potatoes I get. I also use a measuring cup and measuring spoons to keep me honest.

Breakfast might be a Thomas Light Multi-Grain English Muffin with sugar free preserves and a yogurt with coffee. I might have a banana instead of yogurt. Or lately, if I am running to the gym early, I will 1/2 a Luna Smores bar before and then eat the other 1/2 after.

Lunch lately has been either a Amy's Mexican Tamale Pie with melba snacks and hummus or Trader Joes Roasted Veggie Enchiladas with Trader Joes Southwest Style gourmet flatbreads. I usually throw a yogurt or fruit in there too. Sometimes I will do soup and sandwiches or even the fresco menu at Taco Bell from time to time.

For dinner I will have 1 1/2 lean trader joes beef patties(cooked on my george foreman grill) with mccains oven roasted potatoes and veggies or I will make baked sweet potato fries, I do that at least once a week. I vary things though to keep it interesting. I also eat a lot of fiber...I shoot to get at least 25 grams if not more. That, along with water helps keep me from feeling too hungry. Plus, I eat things that I find delicious and satisfying so I don't feel the need to splurge.

Anyway, my list of staples is below. I vary it out or try new things sometimes. I tend to eat around 200 calories for breakfast and then eat a good sized lunch and dinner and usually dessert. Having that little sweet thing at the end of the day keeps me from craving.

Ok, this is a lot! LOL But hope it helps!!

*Trader Joes Cinnamon Crumpets: 110 calories, 0 fat (great breakfast with a banana or yogurt)
    *Trader Joes Roasted Veggie Enchiladas: 300 calories for the whole thing
    *Trader Joes Southwest Style Gourmet Flatbreads: 90 calories and 3 g fat per serving
    *Trader Joes Sour Cream and Onion Crisps (made with Rice): 120 calories and 3.5 g of fat per serving. (They really help my craving for chips. You can have 38 of them per serving and they almost taste like cool ranch doritos to me)
    *Trader Joes Extra Lean Ground Beef Patties: 150 Calories, 5 g fat per serving
    *Trader Joes Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (frozen): 110 calories
    *Trader Joes Southwest Turkey Burgers
    *Trader Joes Turkey Hot Dogs: 45 calories and NO caseins or nitrates
    *Trader Joes Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns
    *Trader Joes Apple/Cranberry Bran Muffins: 80 Calories and 13 g fiber!! (I call them colon cleansers)
    *Trader Joes Low Fat Apple Tarte Tatin: 1/4 of the pie is 120 calories! Really tasty
    *Trader Joes French Toast: 110 calories a slice (Nice thick and flavorful pieces)

Other staples (not Trader Joes)
    *Amys Mexican Tamale Pie
    *Progresso low-sodium soups
    *Mccains oven roasted potatoes
    *Butterball or Healthy Ones lunch meats
    *Pepperidge Farm Light Whole Wheat bread
    *Frozen veggies (peas, spinach, mixed veggies, broccoli, etc) Really love the BirdsEye Steamfresh veggies right now..the interesting mixes they have! Yum!
    *Sweet potatoes
    *Yoplait Lite Yogurts
    *Low-Sugar Quaker Instant Oatmeal (very filling!)
    *Eggo Lite Nutri-Grain Waffles
    *Sugar Free Maple Syrup
    *Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries
    *Sargento Lite Provolone Slices
    *Jello Sugar-Free Pudding Cups (60 Calories)
    *South Beach Diet Southwest Style Chicken Salad Kit (usually around the lunchables area)REALLY good
    *100 Cal Packs (various)
    *Old London Melba Snacks (Garlic and Rye are my favs)
    *Josephs Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (I spread on the melba snacks)
    *Josephs Tortillas (usually sold around the deli section of the grocery store)
    *Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Cereal
    *Kashi Golean Crunch Cereal
    *Thomas's Light Multi-Grain English Muffins
    *Edy's slow-churned light ice creams. YUM!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, thanks for sharing. I can never keep my breakfast at 200 calories. Like this morning I had the Kashi mountain medley granola with the yoplait light yogurt, BAM, 320 calories. :cry:

You are such an inspiration!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    YAAAAAY! CONGRATS!:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the list of food! You love this "Trader Joes" (????) I'm from Canada, so I'm not familiar, but clearly they must be something good!
    :tongue:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work. What an inspiration you are! Thanks for sharing your good news. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    GOOD For you!!! i got to that point last week! It's soo exciting!