UK-based mum, new to site looking for new friends in return

Options
:smile: UK-based mum, new to site and looking for new friends in return for lots of encouragement!! :smile:

Hi, I am from Chesterfield in the East Midlands and have joined myfitnesspal today. I am a full-time mature student, I have 2 children, a husband and a dog (so maybe 3 kids and a dog??!!) And I do understand the difference between healthy and junk, but having a busy lifestyle and being very disorganised means that I tend to grab food on the run - and of course I choose the foods that are totally wrong for me!!! I spend far too much time eating snack foods and consequently my weight/skin/mood suffers because of it. I need to change that...

This week however, I am NOT dieting...

...I am making a diary of all the rubbish that I eat. And I know that I will then feel suitably shamed into kick-starting the 'New Year' healthy eating plan! I don't want to diet. I have tried too many diets in the past. The very word diet makes me hungry, miserable and focus on food. Now is the time where I am looking to change the way I eat so that I can enjoy the occasional treat, but still eat healthy the rest of the time.

I am hoping that there are people out there who would be happy to add me as we are all on a food journey - let's see where it takes us!! (And the way I feel today, it will probably be down the road for a Maccie-D breakfast!!)

Whatever your reasons for starting to take control of your dietary habits, I would love to hear from you! :-)

Replies

• chloejanewhite
    Options
    Hello! I too am a mum and have 3 dogs :) I am awful for eating all the wrong foods and not doing enough exercise. Feel free to add me :)
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    Hello,

Feel free to add me :)

I'm totally with you on the not dieting and the misery of starting again. Sometimes you never want to hear the word 'diet' again! I find MFP the perfect solution because it makes you mindful of all your choices, and treats can easily fit into overall healthy eating. Don't feel 'shamed' though - get inspired by all the healthy foods you could be eating instead!
  • natty1619
    natty1619 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI :happy: I'm looking to add some UK friends so have sent you a request.

I live in Kent. I live with my partner of 9 years and have two children aged 5 and 3. I have managed to lose a stone so far over the last 2 1/2 months but would still like to lose around another 3 stones.

Hope you enjoy your breakfast

Natalie
  • kimly
    kimly Posts: 9
    Options
    Hiya!

I love your honesty! (however u have now put me in the mood for breakkie out of makkie D's LOL)

I have 1 hubby, 3 kids and 3 dogs myself, so understand your pain!!

BUt if you want a friend to ***** at, moan to but also for some encouragment and support - then feel free to add me!!

Kim x
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I love a Maccie D breakfast!
  • dear_prudence
    dear_prudence Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks Natalie, I have accepted your request and forgone the take-away breakfast!! ;-) hahaha! :-) xx
  • emmakingy
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to this, and I am in total agreement that I need to change my eating habits and not diet anymore.
    I have been using this site for four days now and think it is brilliant. Straight forward and easy to use.
    I moved to the Peak District - Elton just over a year ago so not too far from you. Keep in touch, I'm not sure how to add friends etc at the moment as I said, very new to this site, but will have a go!
  • dear_prudence
    dear_prudence Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi :-)

I have added you - and thanks! :-) xx
  • kitkat1981
    kitkat1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mum of 2 living in London :D Good luck with your food diary :)
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    Hello! Same here... 2 small kids, work full-time. Snacking just seems to come so easy.

On the good side, I've found that I think twice before putting something in my mouth that I know I'll have to put black on white later! Somehow it is a lot easier to do if you don't have to 'confess' to it! :blushing:

Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 21, FT student in Bedfordshire
    I live with my partner and our dog (no kids yet)

Love the attitude about no diets. That's what I love about here, eat what you like in moderation. You usually end up choosing the nice healthy meals anyway as they give you more for your calories.

Feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • kathycod
    kathycod Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, same as you, two children, one husband, one dog and looking for people to share my journey and frustrations with! I've been using the iphone ap which is great for recording everythiing I do but have no idea how to add friends using the main site so any help will be much appreciated.
    Kathy
    (East Sussex)
    ps my 18 year old son has literally just left the house to get a Maccie D brekkie.
  • bears_mamma
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new also and live in cheshire, I have one kid, a fiance and a cat, so not even get to do any healrhy dog walking! I eat mostly healthy meals but big portions and hear the chocolate and wine calling as soon as the bear goes to bed.
    Feel free to add me, I'm still rather friendless atm.
    D x
  • jsmith6433
    Options
    Hi Just started on my journey ! You can add me!:happy:
  • angevee
    angevee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me. I started here on Monday and have 5 stone to lose :(.
  • JessyeS
    JessyeS Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a mum of two. I am sick of of dieting as well it always seems to work for a few weeks, lose a kg or two ... Then pass the sweet shop and hello it's all back. Now I'm trying for opting for veges instead of sugary snacks and just eatin better and moving more. Maybe my mum was right after all those years!
  • blondieliz1980
    Options
    hiya im a mum of 3 and am new to this site need some friends to keep me motivated ive tryed losing weight countless times before but never really got any where but this time im determined to do it as i want to be able to fit in all my old clothes again feel free to add me
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to the site too. I'm a full time student from Northumberland juggling two kids, a boyfriend and a cat haha!

I have a lot to lose, about 70lbs a lot of which was gained from the student lifestyle, beer with the boys, grabbing quick and unhealthy food after a long day...etc.

I've been lurking a lot here, I finish for the summer in may and my goal is to really get my weight under control before September. I've found it difficult while writing assignments and stuff to choose wisely and I wasn't exercising at all

I joined the gym a couple of weeks ago, mixing Zumba, aqua Zumba and the gym into my routine. I had planned to start strength training today but I managed to randomly fall over on the school run and in feeling sorry for myself haha!

Anyway looking forward to following your progress. I haven't really figured out how to use the site to add friends and stuff but feel free to add me, maybe we can support eachother as students :)
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    HI, feel free to add me. My kids are now 22 and 19 so not sure I can say I am a full time mum with them any more but I do have two dogs too and a hubby that are enough work! I also work in adult education now and did do the whole mature student bit when my kids were a lot younger.
  • cooktolooseweight
    cooktolooseweight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi Im a mum too, who works full time and now has just got the empty nest, as all my three girls moved out this year. we live in NZ.I saw this site after everyone at work talked about Dukan. Man is that a hard diet. So I thought I would write everything down for a week went back to the gym for a assesment, what an eyeopener that was. but never mind got to start somewhere.