High protein low carb

Options
Hey im 25 from brisbane australia. My friend and i started on here on monday and id really like to meet some people to keep me extra motivated :) I have a 7 month old daughter, im 5'5 and my starting weight is 75.6kg and id like to get back down to 55kg for my wedding!
Im doing bodytrim which is a high protein, low carb diet and was wondering if there is anyone out there that likes the same diets!!

Replies

• RainbowDream83
    Options
    I do the high protein, low carb thing. Helps me alot, and I feel better about myself....not to mention I AM losing weight! ^_^
  • kezzie888
    Options
    Hi, I am from Sydney - mum of 3 boys. I have also just joined on here and am looking to lose 25k. I have done some research on Bodytrim although have never tried it officially! I do like the adds though he cracks me up haha. Please feel free to add me if you like for mutual support. I like the high protein diets too - they have worked for me in the past inbetween pregnancies and hopefully will again:)
  • Emzorline
    Emzorline Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love it! i find eating carbs/ sugars makes me feel really tired and run down. Ive beeb=n dieting again since monday and the difference in my energy is amazing. I can barely sit down! How long have you been on MFP?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    A better option is high fat, moderate protein and low carb. If too much protein is eaten, it can cause insulin spikes which can hender fat loss.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    A better option is high fat, moderate protein and low carb. If too much protein is eaten, it can cause insulin spikes which can hender fat loss.

Where'd you hear that? I've never read anything of the sort.

I'm on the Rapid Fat Loss diet right now, nazxulette. Which is similar to what you're doing.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i eat carbs and more protein because i need them for my workouts. but i eat healthy carbs and do not go overboard at all with them. brown/red rice, whole grain breads and whole grain pastas are on my food list. i stay away from white flour products and dairy .the only dairy i eat is nonfat plain greek yogurt
  • Ericaday
    Options
    I am new to this myself. I have lost 4lbs already. I am looking for encouragement also. I have always been overweight & I am soooo ready to change that. I have 3 kids that I want to be able to play with & be able to keep up with. I am staying away from sugars & eating low carbs. I have never tried it before. For breakfast it was 2 eggs & 2 slices of bacon with water. I hope this works.
  • wendyc122005
    Options

Actually it is not necessary to eat HIGH fat. Just don't eliminate fats entirely, moderate or even low fat (as long as there isn't an ABSENCE of fat), will not cause insulin spikes.