Hi! (Mention of Bulimia)

Options
Hi! I'm Sophie. I joined ages ago but just decided now to actually post on here!

Brief history - I was diagnosed with bulimia and have had it for many years now, but I'm ready to stop the binge/purging cycle. (I don't actually know if this is the right place to say this??) Soo yeah, introduce yourself and feel free to add me :)

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and welcome aboard!!! MFP is a great place to learn about healthy eating. I know it won't always be easy for you, but we're here if you need us.
  • keeems
    keeems Posts: 4
    Options
    So proud of you, Sophie!!
  • Skeeter1975
    Options
    I suffered from Belimia in my teens and early 20's. It is a battle everyday, But, I am now 36 and healthy. I am still learning how to enjoy food and love myself. I gined a ton of weight with my pregnancy's and was afraid to fall into the same cycle. But strength and believing in myself has got me where I am. I believe in you and your making a great first step! Congratulations.
  • strawbrykiwi
    Options
    Good for you! It's not an easy thing to get through but it can be done. Best of luck! :)
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me if you are looking for support and motivation! Regardless of anyones reason for using this site it is one of the most supportive places ever! Congratulations on making the decision to change your cycle!
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the huge step towards getting (and staying!) healthy!! We're all here for you!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and best wishes!

Sidenote: It's the promotion of disordered eating or images that glamorize it that is prohibited in the forums. As far as I understand, discussions regarding recovery are fine.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    best of luck! we're all here for you, so don't hesitate to ask for anything!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and best wishes!

Sidenote: It's the promotion of disordered eating or images that glamorize it that is prohibited in the forums. As far as I understand, discussions regarding recovery are fine.
    What EEG said: it's only promoting of ED's that is frowned upon.

People in recovery are always welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    So happy for you and proud that you are in recovery!!! Feel free to add :flowerforyou:
  • Csteph32
    Options
    Hi. Welcome aboard! I am proud of you for taking the step and joining MFP ((: This is really a great site and will help you stay healthy! sending you a friend request now : )
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What a huge step!! Feel free to add for support.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :happy:
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    hi you can friend me, Ive had it since 14, finally in my late 20's under control. i can give you support or advice.
  • JulesofWinsto
    Options
    YAYY well done Sophie for joining up!! MFP is ace and with some support and guidance, you're completely capable of breaking the binge/purge cycle. You deserve a better life and you deserve to feel good about yourself so don't forget it!

Feel free to add me if you want some support. My name is Julia and I live in Sydney :)
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi! I understand what you are going through. I struggled with bulemia for about 6-7 years. You can do this!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I completely get where you're coming from. I suffered from bulimia/anorexia for a number of years but came out on the other side a better person. Congrats to you for wanting to stop and take control of your life!! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • ciaosophie
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind welcome and support everyone! :)