Question about wine

Options
How much wine do you suppose you have to drink to consider it a serving of fruit?

Replies

• bush66
    bush66 Posts: 2
    Options
    Not sure on that one but but for every glass of wine is an hours cardio!
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It depends upon the fruit. The smaller the fruit, the more glasses of wine you have to drink. So blackberry wine would require more glasses than a grape wine which would require more glasses than, say, a peach wine. The smallest amount would be 2 glasses. Double the serving the smaller the fruit gets.

Apple or Peach = 2 glasses
    Muskedine = 4 glasses
    Grape = 8 glasses
    Blackberry or Blueberry = 16 glasses

Since blackberry wine is generally less expensive than the larger fruit wines, this works out well monetarily too. You could buy 6 bottles of Blackberry Merlot for about the same price as 2 - 4 bottles of a grape wine.
    And now, I'm going to go pour a glass of wine! :drinker:
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    None. That's grasping at straws.
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    None. That's grasping at straws.

That's why I posted this in fun and games. Impress me with your sparkling wit.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    All of it... of course!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good question.

How many pieces of carrot cake before it counts as a serving of veg? :laugh:
  • Sloth_Jog
    Options
    THAT'S why my diary is private. :laugh: 'Quick Add: 5000+' give or take. Wine binge.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHHAAHA
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Well you figure a bottle of wine is 2-3 servings. And the food pyramid recommends what....4-6 servings of fruit a day? Somewhere in there? So I'd say 2-3 bottles a day would satisfy that requirement. Which is about in line with how much I had last night...I feel healthier already!
  • mikituba
    Options
    hey if Pizza is a fruit now I love this logic! I used to justify things in fun ways.... Like Chocolate, it comes from a cocoa bean, beans are vegetables SO I need 4 servings of chocolate to get my vegetable intake for the day.
    Beer....beer is made from barely and hops, hops are green so I call them vegetables, barely is a grain....SO I need 8 servings of beer to get my grain and vegetable servings in.
    hahaha! Happy Justifying haha
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Best reply I have ever seen! lol! Love my wine too!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options

And well worth every second of it!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i drank this many!!

Homer%20wine.jpg
  • Bella3119
    Options

Actually, a 4oz glass of wine is 100 calories, for me that's about 10 minutes on the elliptical. Of course, there have been times when the 4oz turned into 8oz, then 12oz and then 16oz. I count that as math homework. ;)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am from Napa Valley-every single bit is fruit to us!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure each sip counts as a serving of fruit. At least, that's what I think after drinking a couple glasses. So, I'm going with that. Decisions made after a couple of glasses are always the right ones!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I read a full bottle of wine counts as two fruits.... So I have my banana in the morning, something with lunch, and my wine with dinner and TADAH! I've met my nutritional goals!