snacks? :/

Options
What do u have if you want something to snack on?

I am terrible at snacking, i dont want to just completely stop straight away as it will make me want more lol

i am having fruit chopped up in bowl for something to pick at but how do you stop the chocolate cravings!!! x

Replies

• sloew
    sloew Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I did it gradually! I started with saving a serving of choc for my evening snack. IT worked for me using peanut mms... I would allow myself like 5 mms if the cravings got bad then I knew I would get a whole 1/4 cup mms at the end of the day. Once I got that down I started lowering it and gradually working it down. IF you make sure you count it and plan for it then it should be ok.

You are on the right track with fruit. I was told to get all my food groups and that helps a ton with the cravings. If your body is craving something then most of the time it is b/c it is lacking something else.
    I hope that helps! :) x
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I eat Nakd bars which are raw fruit and nut bars and give you the sense that you're having a sweet treat. I am more of a savoury person though so I eat a lot of olives, pickles, carrots with hummous, low calorie soups.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    im more into eating snacks to fuel myself .. i eat fruit and mostly nonfat plain greek yogurt with fresh or frozen berries in it . sometimes a protein shake .....i dont really crave snacking any more thankfully..once in a rare moon i will crave something i shouldnt be eating like ice cream or chips and if its a craving that does not go away then i have some to get it out of my system
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    For my chocolate fix I have a small piece of dark chocolate or a Hershey kiss.

As for snacks... I mix it up with fruit (apples especially), nuts, and veggies with hummus
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have assorted 100 calorie packs at work for snacks. Oreos are great!
    I also love the 100 calorie popcorn at night..feels like I'm getting a treat.
    No sugar added diced peaches fruit cup is only 35 calories.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

As for snacks... I mix it up with fruit (apples especially), nuts, and veggies with hummus

I also will have a small piece of dark chocolate. I also like the Hunts Snack Pack Fat Free Chocolate Pudding cups. They're only 80 calories each and its the perfect size to squash your chocolate craving.
  • Inebriated
    Options
    Carrots, apples, Emerald cocoa roasted almonds, cashews, pistachios, pickles, deli meat, a piece of Godiva 72% dark chocolate w/ almonds, raisins, grapes..
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I also will have a small piece of dark chocolate. I also like the Hunts Snack Pack Fat Free Chocolate Pudding cups. They're only 80 calories each and its the perfect size to squash your chocolate craving.

OR....try the jello SUGAR FREE puddings! They're only 60 calories and i swear to you - I cannot tell the difference btwn the sugar varieties. I top it off with fat free cool whip and oh my so yummy! really helps when I need something sweet!
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    same, I am more of a snacker, and rarely sit down to have a complete meal. I like cereal bars, fruits, yogurt, trail mix, nuts, veggies, I also make my own parfaits -- I try to stay on the healthy side because if I would snack on what I really would like I would be 3 times my size :)
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i eat almonds, fiber one bars, celery and peanut butter and veggie straws
  • sallyspan
    sallyspan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy snacks are a protein shake with either fresh fruit or veggie. A piece of Ezekiel toast is also filling instead of a protein shake.

I get my chocolate fix with one Ghiardelli square or a Skinny Cow ice cream bar at night.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    At my desk I have almonds, hot wasabi coated green peas, rosemary and raisin crisps, banana, apple. In fridge I have string cheese, peanut butter, almond milk, hummus and Greek yogurt. Also keep cinnamon, honey, cereal and quick oatmeal.