New girl from the UK!

Options
Hi Everyone! My name is jaki and I've just joined today. You name it, I've done it...in the dieting world that is! but just recently have had NO motivation at all :-( Hoping that by being on here and reading how well you guys and girls are doing, it will be enough to get me going...again! Hoping to report a successful week next Friday!

Replies

• pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    hi and welcome, i wish you all the best, add me as a friend if you want
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaki,

Welcome........Feel free to add me to support you....
  • xsassyladyx
    Options
    Another one from the UK this one has a border collie 2 horses and 4 rabbits, walks miles every day across farms and tracks and wants to drop a dress size. Loving this site the motivation is awesome!!! Anyone want to do mutual support you are welcome
  • jmccartney88
    Options
    Hi jaki,

I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried diet after diet for the last year or so and never even made it a couple of days. Untill now!

I find that sharing diets with others and keeping a diary is EXTREMELY helpful.
    I started on Monday and I'm actually enjoying it this time.
    I've had no bad thoughts whatsoever due to the support of my friends on here.

I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss. You can do it!

Jamie

x
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hiya

feel free to add me =) Good luck
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll send you a friend request!
  • mutley1964
    Options
    Thanks everyone! What a lovely welcome on a cold, Friday morning! I just need to ban the alcohol and find LOTS of willpower!!! BTW when someone says you can add them as a friend, how do you do that? Haven't had chance to have a good look yet, well, that's my excuse anyway! :smile: It's okay, I've found the little friend icon!
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaki - I love your Wei's!!! Know what you mean about HAVING to walk (GSP here, lol) :D
  • jmccartney88
    Options
    BTW when someone says you can add them as a friend, how do you do that? Haven't had chance to have a good look yet, well, that's my excuse anyway! :smile:

Click on their name under the picture and click on "add as friend" :)
    You'll also get friend requests, shown as a number at the top of your screen with a person beside it. Next to the one with the envelope beside it. :)

x
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi, Jaki.

There's no greater pleasure for me than walking my dog! Your two are Gorgeous!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm also from the uk - hampshire, I had also tried everything going until jan2011 i could never keep the weight off,since then i have lost 82 pounds and planning on at least another 40, but could be more. Good luck with your weight loss - feel free to add me xx
  • leelee_1974
    Options
    Hi Jaki - I also sent friend request. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me. I'm from London and trying to lose 20lbs :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heidi, also from the UK.

Feel free to add me if you wish.
    Good luck with your goals! :)
  • Claiire_Louise
    Options
    hi im from wigan. need to lose 20lb by june so im here to support + hopefully vice versa. this app has been amazing. im on it more often than facebook now and my boyfriend is gettin abit fed up lol he wont when im thinner tho. gud luck on your journey
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    welcome! i am also in the uk
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    Hiyaaa welcome to my fitness pal, friends request is on its way!! Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • amberjasmine2012
    Options
    I've found you !!!!! Let get this lard shifted, this site is great ! xxxx
  • martuo
    martuo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Jaki - I joined this week too. Almost in desperation and have really been impressed this first week. Being able to track my food and exercise as calories is really motivating. My weight has yo-yo ed for years but I am really determined to get rid of the excess this time for good. I have so many reasons to lose this year so fingers crossed. Keep me posted with how you are doing and lots and lots of good luck. Christine - UK