Really silly question, will my flabby belly go down from los

Options
jadejo63
jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
I am 172lb and my belly is a bit wobbly and so are my thighs lol, if I lose weight from eating less calories but not exercising will it go down or not? Sorry for ridiculous question!

Replies

• mmallory1
    Options
    Losing the weight without working out won't tone the muscles under the "jiggle". You will have success with removing the "jiggle" doing work outs and toning the muscles. Without a doubt, you will need to work out to achieve that goal.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am 172lb and my belly is a bit wobbly and so are my thighs lol, if I lose weight from eating less calories but not exercising will it go down or not? Sorry for ridiculous question!
    Not exercising?
    Of course you're going to stay flabby.

A tight, fit body does not just happen by accident.
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It will but slowly. Whole grains etc will help this. Also lower your sodium we girls carry the evil bloat.
    Flax oil and flax in general will help. Also take omega 3 with meal or meals
    If u don't like heavy cardio like me,.. Just thirty min walk will burn quite a lot try to go further... It helps when there's things to look at so take the scenic route
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You will eed to do some toning exercise for the jiggle Hun...I wish it was jus that easy to not exercise and still have a tight toned body
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    You will need to tone up and work those muscles to tighten it all up.. Also you will most likely hit a plateu from just trying to lose the weight from a calorie deficit.. You will need to at least get out and walk or do some form of cardio
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    Not exercising?
    Of course you're going to stay flabby.

A tight, fit body does not just happen by accident.

This :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Exercise is definitely a must for tightening up that flabby belly and thigh's. You need to work in Cardio and Weight training to get the desired results you are looking for.... Good Luck......
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Yep it will go down but it will look even worse extra floppy.

You got to find some time to add some resistance training i nothing else concentrating on those areas you are concerned about - exercize bands will work and you can do that at home while watching TV
  • LouiseWalton
    LouiseWalton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Zumba classes? I hate exercise but discovered Zumba a year ago and love it. You get a 1 hour cardio workout, and yeah it aches sometimes but it's the best fun I've ever had in a gym kit! Try a couple of classes to find an instructor you enjoy.
  • jeckyb
    jeckyb Posts: 60
    Options
    how about renting or buying a vibro-plate? you can just stand there while it does the work for you :)
  • cherylkoula
    Options
    You will need to do some toning exercise for the jiggle Hun...I wish it was jus that easy to not exercise and still have a tight toned body
    :laugh:
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I found through my own body research (having a sagging belly) that 40 minutes 3-5 times a week on an elliptical does an amazing job. I lost over 80 lbs and my stomach was the last thing I though would ever recover but it does and it will. I've fallen from grace and havent stepped on the elliptical in over 2 years but I'm back and I will. Word of warning, the first 5 minutes is a killer but after you get past that, piece of cake. And that fist 5 minutes never gets easier. Push past it and you'll love the results.
  • only4me_lori
    only4me_lori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very well said....and the elliptical is easy on the knees...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!