5 month plateau Help!!

Options
If you can find the answer to this let me know! After losing almost 60 lbs since Nov 2010 my weight loss has stopped since the last part of September. I have tried changing what I am eating, I have changed from the treadmill to a new machine at the gym that is like the old ski machine, burns about 600 calories in 60 minutes, lift weights a few days a week and just have started a stability ball class 2 times a week for 50 minutes. So I have been between 210 and 212 since Sept. and today I go to my TOPS group and I gained again!!!! I do not understand, I am so frustrated and am at a loss as to what to do next!!!! Is it really a plateau when it last 5 months?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    First, have you readjusted or goals to take into account the weight you've lost? If not you may no longer be eating at a deficit. Another thing you might look into is eating maintenance for awhile so your body will adjust and then go back to a deficit. This seems to work well for me. One more possibility is that you've started slipping or estimating your food portions and your exercise cals, so if that's happened you should go back to rigorously measuring/weighing to see if you might be eating more than you think and using a HRM to get an accurate count of calories burned. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be to be stuck for months.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If you can find the answer to this let me know! After losing almost 60 lbs since Nov 2010 my weight loss has stopped since the last part of September. I have tried changing what I am eating, I have changed from the treadmill to a new machine at the gym that is like the old ski machine, burns about 600 calories in 60 minutes, lift weights a few days a week and just have started a stability ball class 2 times a week for 50 minutes. So I have been between 210 and 212 since Sept. and today I go to my TOPS group and I gained again!!!! I do not understand, I am so frustrated and am at a loss as to what to do next!!!! Is it really a plateau when it last 5 months?

What is your current intake set at and what is your height?
  • dyremior
    Options
    WOW What a great job you have accomplished. I have never been very good at journaling. I try to stay between 1200 to 1500 calories a day because of the exercise amounts, I tried eating less and I ended up feeling light headed in the afternoons. Since finding this site this week I have been very consistent with the journaling. I also have had brain surgery so If I don't eat enough I will get a terrible headache. I am about 5' 4" any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • dyremior
    Options
    I wear a pedometer that calulates calories, but it does not always calculate all the intensity.