going over in protein?

Options
is it bad to have too much protein? planned out my meals for the day today and im over by 20.

Replies

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm always over on protein - I don't think it allows you very much. I don't worry about it , but I'm no nutritional expert!
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My trainer actually had me change the preset levels of these drastically. I'm taking in a lot more protein and a lot less carbs than it originally said.
  • reckjb
    reckjb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert either, but I go over on protein almost every day, and I have continued to lose.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The default amount on MFP is very low - look at it as a minimum rather than a ceiling limit.

100g of protein a day or so is fine - and essential if you're buidling muscle tissue.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i definitely go way over on the protein . depends on your body's needs too. for me i lift alot of weights so i have to have more protein. i think the protein level on here is too low most the time. if we are all working out the way we are suppposed to on here we need more protein for our muscle
  • caitlinmcauley
    Options
    thanks so much everyone! great answers :)
  • 56tackle61
    56tackle61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went into the settings and changed it. I'm suppose to have 70-75 grams = 25%