Life isnt going according to plan...need help

Options
So I joined MFP to get healthier, and happier. Lately my life hasn’t been going how I want, and that has made me very depressed. I have been on here for about 2 weeks, haven’t lost a pound yet. I currently lost my appetite over the last week, and lost all motivation. I haven’t been eating because I cant, and working out has taken a back seat due to lack of motivation.

I feel like I cant do this. I hate my body, I’m trying to fix it and nothing is working. I am staying focused on my goals, but I am not getting anywhere….

Please help.

Replies

• vickknick
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't the first or last time life will not seem the way you want it to be. If you have faith, you can draw on the strength that comes with that, if not focus on getting through (and sticking to your goals) an hour at a time. Tell yourself, "I can stick to my eating plan for this hour." If you do, great. If not, focus on the next hour. Hopefully, before you know it, you've made it through the day. Good Luck, I hope things get better for you soon.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    dont get discouraged! it takes time! over the holidays was one of the most stressful times in my life and I eventually got thru it. keep logging, weigh and measure everything, move more, add some friends that are close or at your goals, and dont give up! we are here for you and want to help you! add some people from my friends list also, they are so awesome, in fact one of them sent me this link to you! dont give up! it took me a month to get it together and i feel fantastic!
  • ellenmilberger
    Options
    Hang in there! Its only been 2 weeks! I'm about to become a nurse practitioner so believe me when I tell you that there are positive things going on inside your body that you just can see yet. If you keep at it though, you will start to see some changes at about the 6 week mark. When you see too much change earlier than that you're probably losing too fast. The BEST thing you can do right now is to exercise. Exercise causes endorphins to be released which will not only help you lose weight but it has been proven to improve mood as well. Go exercise for 30-60 minutes. I think you'll find that you feel better for it in all the areas that are challenging you now. Just don't quit! We're thinking of you and supporting your success.
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Life happens and it always will. Sometimes things go like we want and other times, they don't. I suggest ignoring your feelings and doing what needs to be done anyway. Indulging yourself in the bad feelings doesn't really accomplish anything other than feeling bad. (Believe me, I know this from experience!)

You CAN do this. Just get up and move and do one thing that you know needs to be done. Then when that's done, do one more thing. You just need to START!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.”
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. You didn't put on the weight in two weeks you can't expect to lose it in two weeks. You have to develop new habits, new life style patterns and ways of eating. Go for a walk put on your favorite music and enjoy life. Do not be discouraged.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Even if everything in your life is going to crap, you can give yourself love and comfort in the form of healthy nourishment and exercise. It's a matter of perspective, really. It can be hard to make that "click" but sometimes, for me, if I am feeling angry at myself for all that I am not, I just go through the motions of loving myself anyway and after a while it starts to feel sincere again.

((hugs))
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey hun..sorry you are feeling this way but you have got to get a grip on things.

Life will never go exactly how you want. Make it what YOU want. Take control of it and don't let things happen that you may be able to avoid.

As far as MFP goes....take one step at a time. Week 1...drink enough water. Week 2....hit your calorie goal. Week 3....Get exercising even if it's only walking 30 mins 4-5 times a week. etc etc. Whatever the challenge, just do it. It's ok to not get it all done all at once and it's not going to happen over night, trust me on that!

You have to decide whether it's worth it. And do it. You can do it. Don't give up!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    We can all relate to feeling down sometimes. Every single one of us. Don't let that stop your healthy behaviors. When you feel depressed, that's your cue to ACT THE OPPOSITE. Activate. Get moving. Even if you don't feel like it. Especially if you don't feel like it. Like right now. Do a little something, move. Seriously.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Persistence does not know failure. Plus working out will help with depression. 2 weeks may be too soon to expect decent results for your body. But I know from experience that if you keep up with what you are doing, you will not fail.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    We all have setbacks in our lives - I've had two major ones this week that almost derailed my fitness plans. We have to fight through this. You know that the status quo (weight wise) is not making you happy but keep in mind that that is one thing you have control over. Life will get complicated and not go as planned many times, but we can control our bodies and we can control how we respond to those challenges. Hang in there!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Life is what we make of it.

I oftne have to tell myself this because there are times I feel life can get out of control.

The best thing to say about plans is that they will fall apart.

It's a journey. One foot in front of the other. Gut check. Whats your heart like? Find out. Take charge. Feel it around you then shape it how you will.

Victory and defeat dance upon a razor's edge. It takes miniscule variation to put you on one side or the other.

Say victory and you will achieve it if you want it.

Say defeat and you are already defeated before you have attempted.
  • njoithomp
    Options
    You are saying you hate your body so its no wonder that you aren't motivated. When is the last time you care about or took care of something you HATE?!? Self-talk is a strong motivator and a complete manipulator and it doesn't matter if the self-talk is positive or negative. If you decide to LOVE your body, even as it looks right now, you will begin to want to take care of it again and that may just be the motivation you need. I used to feel like you so I would stand in front of the mirror naked and tell my body how much I loved me and then i was inspired to take care of ME because I love me and my body and it is amazing how that created good food choices and the desire to workout daily. Perhaps that will work for you as well. Just remember, it really does start with one simple decision and a change in your attitude about your body as it is now. good luck!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned life has a way of not going to plan. MFP is something that YOU have control of....if other things are not going as planned you can make this one area that you can control. Are we going to eat perfect every day....no and we all miss days of exercising but you have to treat each day as a new one and start fresh. Good luck to you, you can do it!!! We are all here cheering you on!
  • Treg5803
    Options
    I just joined mfp and Im excited about it, Ive been eating unhealthy for quite some time,So I must be patient with myself,but Im glad that Im at least giving it a try,Thanx to my Co- worker for the invite!
  • empresslove13
    empresslove13 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can do it and yes sometimes the body doesnt respond to changes on the outside for a few weeks! Keep tracking, eating healthy and drinking tons of water. Are you taking vitamins? Feel free to add me or message me privately.. i have ideas ;-)
  • smokeybryant
    Options
    Really sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad about yourself and your life. Unfortunately life has a habit of throwing us a curve ball every once in a while. Don't lose heart, keep working at your health and fitness goals, if you can't control other things in your life at least you can control how healthy you are and thats a start, if you are fit, strong and health then your body can cope better with the stress that life sends your way.

Start right now, don't delay, do some exercise to improve your mood and if your appetite has disappeared then its is doubly important to make sure that whatever you do manage to eat is as nutrious as possible. Being deficient in vitamins and minerals will make your depression worse!

Take care and remember that we are here to support you
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    Thank you everybody. i really appreciate your help.

Please feel free to add me (only if you want)

I feel right now I need more support than ever.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    If nothing is going right.....go left.
  • Angel_Desyra
    Angel_Desyra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Life is what we make of it. <snip>

Say victory and you will achieve it if you want it.

Say defeat and you are already defeated before you have attempted.

This is awesome. Also Armaretta's post! Couldn't have said it better myself! ;) It's all about attitude and focusing on the long term goal, how you will feel and what that victory will mean to you. Imagine it and know it's possible. But it's one day at a time, even if you only do some stretching that day or take a walk around the block...it's for YOU. I've found the important thing on my journey is to learn self love and everything falls into place because it has to come from that place of knowing you deserve the best life. Love yourself. Success to you!