Help me choose please!

Options
Hi MFPals!

My NY resolution was for DP anf I to go out on a date once a month (we've not been out together much on our own since DD arrived 5 years ago!), and out January date is tonight *excited happy dance* We're going to a place I've never eaten at before. Have had a look at the menu and I'm not sure what to eat!

Would you have a look at the menu and help me choose please?

http://www.dockstreetmarket.com/food-drink-xmas-menus.php

I bought a Groupon style deal for this place so we've got a Primo Platter to share as a starter included, and any main dish each. I'm torn between wanting to keep it low cal and wanting to choose the most expensive thing on the menu to get my money's worth from the voucher haha!!

Thanks,

Rosey x

Replies

• roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think I would choose the Cioppino but ask for it in a regular bowl, instead of the sourdough bowl.
    Have fun!
  • LesleyNeedsToLoseIt
    Options
    It all looks fab and not too terribly unhealthy. I'd probably go for the Cioppino or the Chickpea stew probably less fat than the meaty ones and more my kind of thing. Could you leave some of the bread aside? ( I know I couldn't) Or pass it onto DH?

Have a lovely date x
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys

I ended up going for a special - a Jamaican Sweet Potato and Bean stew. It was very lovely, and as it had no meat in and was packed full of veg it felt quite healthy!

The half a bottle of Rose and 3 pints of real ale on the other hand....... :^S

Rosey x
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    My advice -- make your one date a month your "cheat meal" and eat what you want (within reason).