I just can't give up....

Options
Soda. I don't want to drink diet soda because of the artificial sweeteners and I looove my soda. Luckily where I work we have 8 oz. cans and I can indulge every once and a while. At least I stopped buying it at home!

What are some things you just can't give up?

Replies

• jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For me that would be chocolate, so I get the snack size of the chocolate I want, and I eat one every other day-every couple of days so i won't feel deprived.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It's like giving up drugs.

I have a diet soda once in a great while. But I used to be a soda junkie. That's one reason why I got to be obese.

I don't keep the stuff in my house anymore.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I used to make my son soda with sparkling rain carbonated water and flavored stevia it only takes a couple of drops.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Chocolate/sweets
    I keep a Lindt 70% dark chocolate bar around and allow myself one square a day (54 calories)
    I also use fat free chocolate pudding to help with this as well (90 calories)
  • klb620
    klb620 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CHIPS! I *love* Ruffles sour cream and cheddar.......and the baked ones just don't do it for me :-( I have only bought a single serve bag since starting my weightloss journey, and those 300 calories of potato chips were heavenly LOL
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. I have to have my ice cream. Lately I've been doing the weight watchers smart ones sundaes, which aren't bad. It's tough though because I still have to buy regular, full fat tubs of delicious ice cream for my husband. It's his favorite thing too.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I WON'T GIVE UP MY 1 CAN OF DIET COKE PER DAY. I LOVE PIZZA AND CHIPS AND DIP.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    COFFEE lol straight black just cant do it
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I used to drown myself in Sierra Mist/Sprite or Mt. Dew/Mello Yello. I still get small cravings for them once in a while, but after I read and saw what it does to the body, I stopped drinking it cold turkey.

The thing I can't give up the most, is CHEESE! I just love cheese. I eat natural instead of processed, now, but if I'm able, I throw on two pieces instead of just one. DELICIOUS!
  • Candida1983
    Options
    I WON'T GIVE UP MY 1 CAN OF DIET COKE PER DAY. I LOVE PIZZA AND CHIPS AND DIP.

Lean Cuisine - Spinach Artichoke Dip With Pita Bread, 1 pita and dip. It's 200 calories, my friend eats these and it's a good alternative to chips and dip. :bigsmile: I also have a recipe for eggplant pizzas if you'd be interested in that. :happy:
  • Katfor508
    Options
    They say dark chocolate is better for you, my weakness is dark chocolate almonds , a serving of ten but i eat them everyday and I know i need to stop this but they are so good and that takes up 200 of my calories.
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like my soda too! I drink Diet, and try to limit it to one per day.... I've given it up before, longest period was 2 years, but I seem to always go back to it....
  • SabrinaAbney
    Options
    Mtn Dew! I would dirnk about 6 cans a day.:drinker: Now I am down to 2 :love: working my way to 1:bigsmile: Then none :flowerforyou: I know this will take awhile because I get a BAD headake if I go with out it. sad to say but true.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ok I just read this article
    http://health.yahoo.net/experts/drmao/what-soft-drinks-are-doing-your-body

And I threw away half of my soda and filled up my bottle with ice water. I'll have tea from now on. :)