Til I Collapse

Options
I was looking in a thread about music to listen to while you are running, and "Til I Collapse" by Eminem came up a lot.

I thought it was pretty funny because I just recently decided that it was my new favorite to workout to. It came on right when I was in the middle of a really tough set, and it gave me the mind set to push the rest of the way through.

It's hard to argue with Slim Shady.

So, I'm kind of curious to know now. What song gives you all the mind set to keep pushing forward? No matter what the workout.

Replies

• mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    LOVE Eminem! :heart: :love:

But my supercharged, lite-a-fire-under-my-azz song when I'm on the dreadmill is Take Over Control--Afrojack. It's fast paced and the title says it all!!
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate running on the dreadmill. Lol. I feel like I'm stuck in purgatory.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate running on the dreadmill. Lol. I feel like I'm stuck in purgatory.
    me too. prefer outside. rain, snow, windy, don't care I'd still rather go outside instead of a treadmill.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Heavy metal mostly. It's aggression in sonic-form which turns into fuel.
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Til i collapse is a great pump up song, i dno really, usually something that gets me emotional lol.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I also like it when Fighter by Christina Aguilera comes on near the end of a run.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Zombies Ate Her Brains by the Creepshow. Makes me ant to run for my life on the dreadmill
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love Lose Yourself and Not Afraid by Eminem, Stronger by Kanye, We Run This by Missy Elliott, and my favorite warm up/cool down song is Ali in the Jungle by The Hours
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    May sound crazy but for whatever reason "Dontcha" by the *****Cat Dolls. I know, I know, very corny but when I'm working out and that particular song comes on I imagine me singing this to my ex who left me 2-3 years ago for some other chick. So yeah...now that I've lost most of the weight...."Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" is something I'd love to sing to the *kitten*!!!!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yes. My playlist IS Eminem.

Well I start off with Attack by 30 Seconds to Mars, which is really full on, especially when I'm running and I'm in a bad mood!

Then I listen to about 10 Eminem songs on shuffle (usually 'Till I collapse, Loose yourself, 25 to life, Spacebound, No Apologies ..)

Then 'Say You Will' by Evanescence and a few other assorted rock tracks.

Then that's about it really, Eminem covers most of it!
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I tried listening to some heavier music the other day, but it just wasn't working for me. Lol. I tried like Five Finger Death Punch, but it seems I just can't go heavier than Staind.

No Love by Eminem gets me pumped up too. I'm showing the weights no love. Lol
  • dreambigandexpectfavor
    Options
    Great idea for this post. Music is what gets me through each workout.

A few of my favorites are:

Lollipop - Lil Wayne - the beat has a great pace for me, and it always makes me grin
    Firework - Katy Perry - the beat is well-paced, driving and the lyrics provide a good mantra and fuel positive thoughts
    Whipping Post - Mountain Heart - a 7-minute energetic jam-session with a soulful vocal delivery
    The Other Side of Down - David Archuleta - driving tempo and appropriate lyrics "So I put one foot in front of the other, No No No
    nothin's gonna stop me now! I keep climbing, gonna keep fighting....."