5 TOP FOODS FOR A FLAT STOMACH!

Options
Just found thi article on the net and seems interesting :)

Here they are:

-Oats - A easy balanced breakfast that’s guaranteed to fill you up. It makes a great alternative to the wheat based cereals that are laced in salts & sugars which don’t even keep you alert a few hours later. Don’t take our word for it either – The benefits over oats compared to these cereals is well documented.  As written in You Can be Thin by Marisa Peer, oats help to feed the friendly bacteria in your gut, helping you feel fuller for longer. Getting the right start to the day is the first step to a flat stomach – It’s a great way to cut out all the cravings for sugary snacks during the day.
-Yoghurt - According to the The Food Doctor by Ian Marber eating a pot of plain yoghurt each day can be a great way of trimming the abdominal area.  Packed with gut friendly bacteria, yoghurt can help to reduce that bloated feeling that you may get after eating. If plain yoghurt doesn’t sound too appetising, try adding some honey, seeds or sliced fruit for flavour. Contrary to popular belief, it’s important to avoid fat free yoghurt. You’ll find it contains more sugar than the standard stuff!
-Berries – If you’re concerned about looking too bloated, it may be worth looking at cutting out any fruit juices you may have in your diet. Ian Marber author of How Not To Get Fat demonstrates how the fructose in fruit juices can create carbon dioxide in the gut which causes the digestive process to slow down. Replace these fruit juices with fresh berries which are available in abundance this time of year. Mix it up with a spoonful of almonds and a drop of agave nectar for a guilt-free treat.
-Papaya – An exotic fruit not often explored by many, the papaya is a delicate and juicy fruit similiar to the mango in some aspects. A staple food in Miami, where a flat stomach is almost compulsory! Papaya contains a soluble fibre which helps to aid the digestive system, keeping you feeling less bloated and getting you closer to that flat stomach.  Make sure to not eat too much however – excessive papaya can actually trigger bloating!
-Herbal Teas – One of the easiest changes to make in your diet and quest towards a flat stomach – Cut out all of the fizzy drinks and energy booster liquids! The carbon dioxide used to create the bubbles in these drinks can get into the gut and cause problems. Instead, get yourself involved in the world of herbal tea drinking. The Healthy Hideout offers a great guide on herbal teas which can be found here: 6 Top Teas – The Real Wonder Drink.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have to lol at this as it pertains to your topic. My flat stomach took a few more foods, mostly proteins and hard physical activity to get where I am today. Body fat % is what a flat stomach is all about in collaboration with proper nutrition and exercise, period.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have to lol at this as it pertains to your topic. My flat stomach took a few more foods, mostly proteins and hard physical activity to get where I am today. Body fat % is what a flat stomach is all about in collaboration with proper nutrition and exercise, period.

THIS^^^ says it all
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options
    Sounds great - I have oatmeal most mornings, I love plain low fat yogurt and Chilean blueberries and Californian rasberries... but I hate papaya; cannot stand it!!!

I was not big fan of herbal teas but discovered lemon & ginger some time ago; also Moroccan mint is very good!
  • italian_carol
    Options
    yeah i kno but it was jus an article bout sum foods that helps...i know it takes a lot more than that :)