Nuts

I've been watching "Downsize me" on TV and most days when they swap the snacks the "downsizers" are given nuts instead.

Does anyone eat many nuts, and what type do you eat?

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    I try to eat one pack of the Emerald brand natural (raw) almonds or walnuts each day.

The packs are measured to exactly 100 cals so it's easy to log (nuts are very easy to consume a shocking amount of calories with if you aren't careful). They don't have any salt and are not roasted... so your pretty much getting a nice boost of healthy protein, omega 9, manganese and vitamin e in a small palmful... good for heart health.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    I eat pistachio's, walnuts, and almonds. I have a container on the counter and my nutcracker. It really helps when I feel like I am "starving" and need a snack.
  • I eat pistachios because they are yummy :D and I am too low on fat if i dont
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 909 Member
    rare that i do. i LOVE them and its easy for me to go all crazy and nutty on them!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    I love pecans, walnuts, almonds and eat them often. I also like cashews, macadamia nuts, and hazelnuts occasionally.

I like peanut butter but I hardly ever eat just peanuts.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    i has peanut butterz everyday at least 1 serving although most of the time it's my in pre-breakfast shake
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    almonds, cashews, walnuts...
    I've got hazelnut and something else not usually around but they were on extreme slash down prices got the 4 packs for less than I could have bought 1 before their price got slashed... so experimentation time ;)
  • I eat almonds, Love the cocoa dusted ones. I limit them to 1 oz per serving.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    I eat two packs of almonds most days, and will grab handful of walnuts when we have them, too. Love nuts!
  • goldieglitter
    goldieglitter Posts: 13 Member
    What a shiny ticker!
  • I usually eat a very small handful of nuts a day. Walnuts and Almonds mostly but I also love pinenuts. Always eat them "raw", not dry roasted. I use nuts as a snack because I like them but they are something I can control and not go "nuts" on and eat too many. They are nutricious but also high caloric so portion control is a must.
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    I eat peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews, & pistachios, they reduce my blood cholesterol. Especially walnuts because they help keep my blood vessels healthy.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Raw nuts are an awesome snack. Full of good healthy fats and filling.
    I like most of them but almonds are my favorite.